• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Cheaper Than Dirt: No Modern Rifles to LEOs in States Where Prohibited | The Truth About Guns
    Cheaper Than Dirt: No Modern Rifles to LEOs in States Where Prohibited

Posted on February 16, 2013 by Nick Leghorn
    It looks like CTD is steadily running down the crisis management checklist, trying to reestablish some level of credibility after the furious backlash they no doubt felt due to their decision to stop selling guns after Newtown. The latest tactic they’re trying to get back in the gun-buying public’s good graces: no modern rifles sales to LEOs where the citizens are prohibited from owning those same firearms! CTD claims that it’s always taken that stance, but they’re trying extra super double hard to make sure that The People of the Gun know it now that LaRue and Olympic Arms started the current LEO boycott movement. We asked yesterday whether we should forgive them, based on their apparent change of heart. From a quick scan of the responses, the answer is a resounding no. I tend to agree, even though their insanely fast shipping time to San Antonio is quite appealing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, I wouldn't buy crap from them ever again anyway. Theyve lost their cred. Too little, too late.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    CTD lost my business when they pulled all their stuff. Also, their prices are outrageous now. But glad to see they are following suit.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Their price gouging in the last couple months is enough for me to never go to their website again.

Ditto!! They were charging over $21/box for Tulammo 9mm... ouch.
    Price gouging in addition to the changing attitudes to save face have turned me off to their website.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    CTD stepped on their own ***** for sure. At least they're doing the right thing here.

Not really, it's "look at us, we're with you" gesture, and it's meaningless. I'd be surprised there's a single LE agency that buys product for use department-wide from CTD. Even when I bought from them, I did so as a "regular" person at the same price everyone else pays.

Trust me, if CTD had a contract with a number of LE agencies, this would not be coming out. The guys to watch are Magpul, Brownells, Glock, RRA, Sig, Colt, Remy, and Springfield. If these guys start following suit, people will start paying attention.... but these guys have MILLIONS of dollars on the line, and the loss of a contract could literally kill their business. It's an unfortunate catch 22.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was done with them when they tried to tell me that $1000 for 1000 rounds of 5.56 was "Our Low Price" :laugh:

Yes it's their right to gouge me if they see fit. It's also my right not to patronize them for said gouging.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Ok so if they did this in 2008 and they are still in business it is obvious what we do matters little. I haven't dealt with them for many years now and have no intention of ever doing so again.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not really, it's "look at us, we're with you" gesture, and it's meaningless. I'd be surprised there's a single LE agency that buys product for use department-wide from CTD. Even when I bought from them, I did so as a "regular" person at the same price everyone else pays.

Exactly. Most of the companies I've seen on the bandwagon so far probably aren't losing any sales and the agencies they say they are boycotting probably haven't noticed.

Free publicity and an attempt to kiss and make up from CTD. I'll do without before I order a penny's worth of merchandise from them.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    screw any company not standing up for our rights, even groupon is doing this the country is changing, hopefully you are on the right side(whichever that may be)

Top Bottom