• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not really, it's "look at us, we're with you" gesture, and it's meaningless. I'd be surprised there's a single LE agency that buys product for use department-wide from CTD. Even when I bought from them, I did so as a "regular" person at the same price everyone else pays.

Trust me, if CTD had a contract with a number of LE agencies, this would not be coming out. The guys to watch are Magpul, Brownells, Glock, RRA, Sig, Colt, Remy, and Springfield. If these guys start following suit, people will start paying attention.... but these guys have MILLIONS of dollars on the line, and the loss of a contract could literally kill their business. It's an unfortunate catch 22.

This is what I was thinking, I bet they reviewed their customer list, determined that they had no LEO/Gov contracts in place at least in these states and decided to make this grand statement as part of their PR response to their previous screw up.

Ok so if they did this in 2008 and they are still in business it is obvious what we do matters little. I haven't dealt with them for many years now and have no intention of ever doing so again.

It feels different to me this time. The firearms community seems to be much more rallied and outspoken this time than in the past. We understand the threat is real.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    CTD hasn't had cheap prices in a long time. Used to buy mil-surp from them but they don't seem to have anything good anymore. Keepshooting has replaced the spot where CTD used to be for me.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I haven't bought anything from CTD in probably 20 years. I used to get their catalogs even before there was an internet and even then the prices were higher than almost anyone else. After recent developments, I now have no use for them at all.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I get the CTD catalog in the mail and I have never bought anything from them because after a quick look around I could always find what I wanted cheaper someplace else. They lost none of my business because of recent actions, and won't get any because of them either.

Top Bottom