• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Good business if you ask me. Why not take advantage of the situation. I know I would be. All you blow hards will be back when things cool down and they offer other things on sale.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Yep... they are not on my preferred list anymore. Plus with their screwy multiple shipping fees from different warehouses.....well, let's just say... Midway USA offers more reasonable shipping fees. :D
    +1 on that.

It only took one order attempt to learn that their shipping was nuts. EVEN from the SAME warehouse.

Won't go back.

My Sportsman's Guide back orders on 30 rnd mags and .223 will have to last me until the smoke clears.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    I bought a Sig Sauer Range bag from them for significantly less than the other sites. It seems to be very good quality and looks exactly the same as the one my buddy bought on Sig's website.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Cheaper-Than-Dirt DID THIS BEFORE

This is THEIR STANDARD OPERATING PRACTICE. They GOUGE at every opportunity. EVERY TIME there is a major event their jack up their prices. You folks who think this is new are either newbies to the gun community, have very short memories, or have not been paying attention.

SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE is pretty close to as bad as C-T-D with their business practices too. These two suppliers are some of the WORST in the gun community and both prey on the ignorance of uninformed buyers. Their best ammo prices can be easily beaten on any given day. Ditto their parts prices. And when times get tough, they are the first to raise prices even higher.

FWIW, a good CAPITALIST will keep his customers in good times and bad and make money during both times. A STUPID CAPITALIST will take advantage of his stupid customers, chase away his informed customers, and be worse off in the long run creating ill-will and bad press.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Yep... they are not on my preferred list anymore. Plus with their screwy multiple shipping fees from different warehouses.....well, let's just say... Midway USA offers more reasonable shipping fees. :D

But, Midwest USA will only sell you 2 of certain items in a shipment. You can place as many orders as you wish, paying their 'reasonable' shipping fee on each order. They had this punitive, greedy policy in place long before the panic set in. I won't buy from them either.

skimmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    I like Midway for their never ending coupons of $10 off $100 or $20 off $200 or $30 off $300

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Never bought from them and always thought their name was a joke. Why anyone would patronized these guys instead of a good online vendor that supports shooting like MidwayUSA & Brownells among others is beyond me.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I like Midway for their never ending coupons of $10 off $100 or $20 off $200 or $30 off $300

I like midway for alot of stuff, but typically there discounts only cover their high shipping charges if that. Plus you cant buy powder/primers from them without paying 2 hasmat fees. On the phone I was told it was because they are not allowed to store powder and primers in the same warehouse. That may be company policy, but its defitnally not law. I still order from them from time to time, but what usto be bi weekly orders quickly turned into once a year orders because of the shipping

Top Bottom