• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    am looking for a cheap sks???? AR's are to expensive... any clue???

No such thing as a "cheap" SKS these days. Last check, the Yugo 59/66s were bringing $250+. They are about the only game in town; the Russian and Chinese guns - when they can be found - typically go for another $100-150 above that.

If you decide to shell out for an SKS, you are only a stone's throw in price from a Saiga Sporter, which IMO is the modern equivalent of the SKS - albiet shorter, lighter and with the added ability to accept detachable magazines.

And if you decide to shell out for a Saiga, you're not that far from a "real" AK, which is probably what you wanted to begin with. ;)

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I agree with shooter521, SKS's aren't cheap anymore. I remember I bought a Russian about 14 yrs ago for $175. I thought that was kinda high then but the rifle was in real good shape with all matching #'s. Personally, I really like the SKS and there are some nice ones for sale on here for between $300-$350.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    As the others have stated with the amount your going to put into an SKS it most likely isn't worth it. I looked into getting one a while back after reading an outdated article on the SKS being a fun plinker, and while it certainly may be, for about 100 more you can get an AK or Saiga. Thats the point I'm at right now, trying to figure out of I want to throw some more money in for an AR or go the AK path, I'll be sure to PM you any info I may find out.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    thanks guys i was looking for a carbine from high point but was told they are not around...and turtle where can you get an ak for 150???

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Hipoint carbines are a great little plinker keep your eye out on here and youll probly come across one, I think he was saying for 150 more then the price of an SKS

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just found my cousin a deal and got a super clean norinko sks for $300 including about 375 rounds of ammo. There are some decent deals out there. Just harder to find

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    Whatever happened to the good old days when you could buy as many sks' that you wanted for under $100 each.:)

Supply dried up, but demand never did. Heck you can't even find the Mosin Nagants in the stores anymore.
    I have SEEN people pay $600.00 for SKS's. When that was happening i wished I had a truckload, and a line of customers!

bigbird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    That was the first gun I ever bought, I paid 69.99 and a brick of 1000 rounds for 63.00, that was a good time, anyone remember a lower price?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That was the first gun I ever bought, I paid 69.99 and a brick of 1000 rounds for 63.00, that was a good time, anyone remember a lower price?

If memory serves me correctly that was about the price I paid in the mid 80's in NC without the ammo. Ammo was sure allot cheaper then.

brwnfldl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    walked into Dons for a laugh a while ago. He had three sks none cheaper than $800 and $1100 for a yugo with a dragonuv style stock.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    oh wow Dons a rip, good for a laugh they, he doesn't wanna sell guns, he just wants to make money, a friend told me yesterday at a range a guy offered him $800 for his SKS, i was like wow, do that and then buy 2 new ones with the money

Top Bottom