• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Norinco, Polytech, et al are industrial conglomerates owned and run by Regional Directorates of the PLA. Their products were banned from importation after repeated shady incidents involving their representitives here in the U.S., including the infamous "Red Dragon" smuggling case. They were also known to be selling nuclear and conventional arms technology to countries such as North Korea, Iran, Syria, Iraq, etc. which was, and is, prohibited by various international treaties Red China had signed on to. Trying to negotiate with the Chinese is kind of like herding cats: They'll pretty much ignore anything you say and keep doing what they please until you get tired of talking at them or they get where they originally wanted to go, whichever comes first.

The UN being basically worthless and toothless ditherers, the only effective means we had of putting a kink in their machinations was to cut off as much of the income that was funding them as possible. The U.S. commercial market was supplying much of the capital they were using to fund their expansion and activities, and they'd amply demonstrated their complete willingness to circumvent our laws when and however possible in order to further their own profits and political agenda. Closing our markets to them was our only viable long term option, and we took it.

That's what happened to cheap SKSes, AKM's, inexpensive knock-offs of classic designs and dirt-cheap ammo.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    thanks guys i was looking for a carbine from high point but was told they are not around...and turtle where can you get an ak for 150???

Call Beech Grove Firearms re: the hipoint carbine. I think they might have one.

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    Ive been watching the prices from the suppliers going down because people aren't paying high prices right now....just be patient and with a little luck,that is if the politicians dont talk about gun controll for a while,the prices will drop.....

GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Prices on everything are ridiculous. I picked up my Yugo SKS mint condition still in cosmoline for $120 about 4-5 years ago. :(

Top Bottom