• ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    How's your grammar?

Oh, she's just fiiiine... but gramper passed last spring.

Very nice. Whenever I see idiots who have to post their useless opinions on something that has nothing to do with the thread I look for the ignore button.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How's your grammar?

Oh, she's just fiiiine... but gramper passed last spring.
    131181100442.png

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah that was me. Normally it is cowboy hat as well but accidentally left it behind. That is what pisses me off the most they harrass the evil gun owner who cleans trails as he goes. I picked up over 1000 cigarette buts and several dozen cans and an untold number of plastic bits and pieces. The number one rule my kids have at the campground is that we leave it cleaner than we find it. After the camp is packed up they each have to find at least 5 pieces of garbage on our site. It takes awhile sometimes. But I carry a grabber and a plastic bag more than I carry the gun. The heat is why I open carry I refuse to be hot just to cover up. I would love an open carry group. I will take a turkey to deep fry. My work schedule changes here shortly so I have not booked any more weekends until I know it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Wow, reading an interesting thread and along comes mister better than you and derails the whole conversation. Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry for the inconsiderate actions of some people here.

Oh yeah. And just one more in a long list of reasons we need negative rep!

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Now that the purse swinging is done with ;), if we do group outings on this board, I'd be in for a group camping experience. My son has been asking to go camping recently anyway...

It'd be a good opportunity to get to know some fellow gun owners, and get out there and lend a good face to the 2nd.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It does add to the discussion. If your writing is legible, more people are likely to read it. It only takes 5 seconds to do a spell check. I think what you have to say is important but your grammar makes it hard to understand the point you are trying to communicate.

:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:

I could understand his post without difficulty. Your continued harping on the point just makes you look bad.

BTW, I would be interested in joining the OC camp out.

Last edited:

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just received an email response that amounts to very little at this time.
    Mr. Hoogland,

We have received your email regarding the situation that occurred at Chain O' Lakes State Park. Please know that we are taking this matter very seriously, and have forwarded this email and your original email on to management staff.

Sincerely,
    Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    It does add to the discussion. If your writing is legible, more people are likely to read it. It only takes 5 seconds to do a spell check. I think what you have to say is important but your grammar makes it hard to understand the point you are trying to communicate.

So being a Nurse makes you a Master of the English Language ?

To the OP I understood everything you typed and respect to you for the way you handled this mess .

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dear Mr. Hoogland,

Your recent inquiry with the Department of Natural Resources has been forwarded to me for a reply. I want to reassure you that I have addressed your concerns. I have discussed the issue with the staff involved. I am confident it won't happen again. I have also advised the rest of the park management staff about this issue and how it should be handled. I hope you will continue to visit Chain O'Lakes and feel free to contact me at anytime.

Sam Boggs
    Samuel T. Boggs
    Park Manager
    Chain O' Lakes State Park
    2355 E 75 S
    Albion, IN 46701
    260-636-2654
    260636-2190fax
    This just does seem enough for me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Dear Mr. Hoogland,

Your recent inquiry with the Department of Natural Resources has been forwarded to me for a reply. I want to reassure you that I have addressed your concerns. I have discussed the issue with the staff involved. I am confident it won't happen again. I have also advised the rest of the park management staff about this issue and how it should be handled. I hope you will continue to visit Chain O'Lakes and feel free to contact me at anytime.

Sam Boggs
    Samuel T. Boggs
    Park Manager
    Chain O' Lakes State Park
    2355 E 75 S
    Albion, IN 46701
    260-636-2654
    260636-2190fax
    This just does seem enough for me.
    Was this the same manager you spoke to at the park?

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Good. It looks like it was handled. Obviously, he isn't going to discuss any corrective actions he has taken with the person who complained. However, he has put himself in a position where he has stated it has been handled and won't happen again. If it does, it opens him up to scrutiny from his boss, a position no one wants to be in.

I'm still up for a night or two at Chain O' Lakes, although Potato Creek would be closer for me. :)

Top Bottom