Certain dog breeds...I just don't get it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good thing lib-tard don't want Grammar checks before being able to own guns.

Sorry. I'm not usually a grammar nazi. But I just wanting more :stickpoke:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Good thing lib-tard don't want Grammar checks before being able to own guns.

Sorry. I'm not usually a grammar nazi. But I just wanting more :stickpoke:

Sorry edited my post I think I was reading the post wrong and putting more into it then what was posted.? Could be wrong ?????

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Screw it.....Deregulate everything. Laws don't work. Let people regulate themselves. Most people have consciences and know right from wrong.

I really do have mixed feelings on these types of laws. On one hand, there's a LOT of morons out there with dogs capable of mauling or killing, and I've been bit more than once when minding my own business in public. Preferably, I'd like to think people are capable of not being idiots.....but they aren't. I also think you can't effectively regulate idiots and idiotic actions.

Really, the only thing I'm 100% in line with in this thread is that dog owners should be prosecuted as though the actions of their dog were their actions. Ex. - Your dog kills someone, you get charged with murder.
    Don't forget, this is America. Sue the :poop: out of the owner if you are bitten.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Now hold on, are you trying to convince me that laws didn't make dog owners become instantly responsible? I don't believe it because we all know that laws are the answer for every problem.

Well I will say this, I had a neighbor that had multiple dogs that would bark non stop when left in their side or backyard. For hours it would go one and on. I could not sit out on my back deck or work in the yard or garage without the constant barking , they had two little dogs and two 80 lb + dogs. I tried more than a few times to talk to my neighbors and it was a waste of time and breath.
    So I stopped at the local PD and talked to two officers in the parking lot and I was told Alexandria has a barking dog law. The law states if as a neighbor are annoyed or bothered by a dog barking, the police dept will give one warning to the dogs owner and after that it is a progressive 50 dollar fine for up to a year.
    I then explained the law to my neighbor and told him to keep his dogs quiet or I was going to start fileing complaints. His just grinned at me when. I was talking. He moved to Daleville within a few short months when the fine hit 400 bucks.. So sometimes laws do work. Not always, but sometimes.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Mine is furious
    FB_IMG_1439930281798_zpsld8fqhem.jpg

FB_IMG_1439929849252_zpstdadzapw.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Screw it.....Deregulate everything. Laws don't work. Let people regulate themselves. Most people have consciences and know right from wrong.

I really do have mixed feelings on these types of laws. On one hand, there's a LOT of morons out there with dogs capable of mauling or killing, and I've been bit more than once when minding my own business in public. Preferably, I'd like to think people are capable of not being idiots.....but they aren't. I also think you can't effectively regulate idiots and idiotic actions.

Really, the only thing I'm 100% in line with in this thread is that dog owners should be prosecuted as though the actions of their dog were their actions. Ex. - Your dog kills someone, you get charged with murder.

Can we extend that to the actions of your children, too. They are capable of causing great harm, moreso since (I assume) you are a gun owner. Could we prosecute you as though the actions of your children were yours? Please,please,please

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I could care less. I don't have kids and don't intend to due to my beliefs.

Can we extend that to the actions of your children, too. They are capable of causing great harm, moreso since (I assume) you are a gun owner. Could we prosecute you as though the actions of your children were yours? Please,please,please

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So you think they should have been able to keep their dog? Dogs that bite people deserve a bullet. And it's the fault of their owners, who should be prosecuted and punished harder than they are today.

I don't take pride in killing anything.....ever. That includes when I hunt. I put that blood on the owners of the dog that bit me. And I hope they lost a lot of sleep and learned something over it. But I doubt they did. People like them are garbage.

Jail time is what they deserved. Again, I think dog owners should be prosecuted based on the actions of their dogs.

I'm sorry, but it is the seeming pride with which you quote your dog-killer credentials that I find most disturbing.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So what does that say about the person who feels the need to insult them to inflate his or her own fragile little ego?

So you think they should have been able to keep their dog? Dogs that bite people deserve a bullet. And it's the fault of their owners, who should be prosecuted and punished harder than they are today.

I don't take pride in killing anything.....ever. That includes when I hunt. I put that blood on the owners of the dog that bit me. And I hope they lost a lot of sleep and learned something over it. But I doubt they did. People like them are garbage.

Jail time is what they deserved. Again, I think dog owners should be prosecuted based on the actions of their dogs.

That's an interesting thought.
    That only makes sense for those dog owners who believe that their dog is an extension of their training regimen. Those who have faith that "my dog would never do XXXX because I have trained it not to do destructive things".

We'd have to exclude those who parse the "my dog would never" with a "but if it did..." Because that actually means "my dog might... and I'm just now considering what I would do if it did..."

I've known my daughter for 10 years. I've known her mom for longer. Each of them is far smarter than any three dogs put together. They have free will. And souls. And God loves each of them more than all the dogs that ever existed.

And I have never in my life had any clue about what they were going to do next, what they were thinking at any moment nor what words were going to come out of their mouths.

To say a son, daughter, spouse, friend or dog would never do something is disingenuous at best.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Nothing to read in between. I was just poking some friendly fun at your grammar.

No problem man, I have no worries cause I can shoot straight, Love "PITBULLS" and have tattoo's... I'm good dude, I'm just a underachiever.... Poke all you like till your hearts content, I have no shame.... :)

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Would you be willing to plead guilty to a murder charge if one of your dogs killed someone? What about guilty to a mauling?

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about this subject. I could care less about putting your dog down. Are you personally willing to accept responsibility for the actions of your dog?

Would I accept responsibility for my dog's actions up to and including a manslaughter charge? Honestly, I don't know. I can't answer that question. BugI asked the question I was going to ask, though, and I see you've deflected it with a claim of not being willing to father children. That you've chosen not to do so may be best, considering that you know you better than anyone else. I'll take your judgment that any child you would bring to the world would be more detriment than benefit. I will also say, though, that I feel sorry for you that you will never know the joys of being a parent or a grandparent.

That's an interesting thought.
    That only makes sense for those dog owners who believe that their dog is an extension of their training regimen. Those who have faith that "my dog would never do XXXX because I have trained it not to do destructive things".

We'd have to exclude those who parse the "my dog would never" with a "but if it did..." Because that actually means "my dog might... and I'm just now considering what I would do if it did..."

I've known my daughter for 10 years. I've known her mom for longer. Each of them is far smarter than any three dogs put together. They have free will. And souls. And God loves each of them more than all the dogs that ever existed.

And I have never in my life had any clue about what they were going to do next, what they were thinking at any moment nor what words were going to come out of their mouths.

To say a son, daughter, spouse, friend or dog would never do something is disingenuous at best.

Since I'm the one who said that and you quoted something I said that was not related to that subject, but in this thread, I'm going to guess you meant to quote where I did say that. You've misinterpreted my meaning, however. I have not "only just considered" anything. I know that any dog, any animal for that matter, with its own brain, can go against its training. Is it theoretically possible that one of my dogs might attack someone? Yes, it is technically possible. They do have teeth and jaws and claws, so when I say they will not, perhaps I should phrase it that I've enough confidence in them that I don't require nor even own muzzles for them. A word is usually sufficient to control. When they are worried enough about something that it's not, a touch of hand to head works wonders... and I do mean a gentle touch, reassuring them that one of the humans has this situation well in hand.
    I do control their environment, though. They don't leave the house except to our back yard (fenced) or to the vet or maybe a trip to Petsmart. In short, an overwhelming majority of the time, someone coming into an area where they are is either a welcomed friend or is somewhere they don't belong. At the vet or Petsmart, someone approaching is verbally dissuaded. I'm a "belt and suspenders" kind of guy. I teach the dogs not to attack without provocation and I limit their opportunity to do so. So far, 100% success (though the rat terrier (brat terrorist) did chase the UPS guy back to his truck, and my mastiff's bark scared a door-to-door salesman so badly he fell into the snow about 10' away from my front door.)

They live in a home full of love and they've never known anything else. They are not "pets", but members of our family, and the success rate speaks for itself. The terrier is 11, the pit 10, and my mastiff is 9. The terrier's predecessor was about 20 when he passed, so yes, they live not only good lives but long lives at that.

I wish I could trust people as well as I can my four-legged family members. A dog's understanding of unconditional love makes his worst day at showing it better than most humans' best day, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom