• ...and so much more!
  • 1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    it would have been a different story in fishers for sure :rolleyes:

Huh, that's amazing because I have done the exact same thing in the OP's post. I have even just asked if they just have one and never asked to see it, and wait for it........OMG.......I have even gone as far as not said a word. Way to lump us all in into the group you don't agree with........which by the way is exactly what most of the complaining about LEO's is about, us lumping everyone into the "guilty" group.

Hypocrisy at it's finest........:rolleyes:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I was pulled over with my daughter after leaving a Wal-mart, some said she was beating her kids and of course was not. After that exchange I told the LEO that I was carrying and had my hands on the steering wheel. She asked which side and if I had a permit ( I do ) and she undid my seatbelt and asked me to get out and put my hands on my head. She took my gun, looked at my permit, emptied it, and put it in the back of my Jeep. She said I did perfect and made no issue of me carrying. A good experience

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I was pulled over with my daughter after leaving a Wal-mart, some said she was beating her kids and of course was not. After that exchange I told the LEO that I was carrying and had my hands on the steering wheel. She asked which side and if I had a permit ( I do ) and she undid my seatbelt and asked me to get out and put my hands on my head. She took my gun, looked at my permit, emptied it, and put it in the back of my Jeep. She said I did perfect and made no issue of me carrying. A good experience

sounds like she did take issue because she fully disarmed you

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Huh, that's amazing because I have done the exact same thing in the OP's post. I have even just asked if they just have one and never asked to see it, and wait for it........OMG.......I have even gone as far as not said a word. Way to lump us all in into the group you don't agree with........which by the way is exactly what most of the complaining about LEO's is about, us lumping everyone into the "guilty" group.

Hypocrisy at it's finest........:rolleyes:

i have had 3 fishers cops harass me about me open carrying me beretta 92 at taco bell one night. they were really sh*** with me and i was polite as could be, simply showing them my permit and they couldnt do anything about it. fishers cops are the worst in terms of harassment. dont even try and tell me they arnt. IMO....fishers cops are out of control compared to other departments

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    i have had 3 fishers cops harass me about me open carrying me beretta 92 at taco bell one night. they were really sh*** with me and i was polite as could be, simply showing them my permit and they couldnt do anything about it. fishers cops are the worst in terms of harassment. dont even try and tell me they arnt. IMO....fishers cops are out of control compared to other departments

I'm sure there are cops like that everywhere, including in Fishers but that doesn't mean we all are. Lumping all approx 100 of us into the same group as the three you had an issue with is like me saying you are a paranoid freak because you have a permit just because I delt with this one guy that one time that had an LTCH and he was a freak so all of you must be. Give me a break.

Seriously though.........this thread hasn't been closed yet?!?!?!?!?!

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    I'm sure there are cops like that everywhere, including in Fishers but that doesn't mean we all are. Lumping all approx 100 of us into the same group as the three you had an issue with is like me saying you are a paranoid freak because you have a permit just because I delt with this one guy that one time that had an LTCH and he was a freak so all of you must be. Give me a break.

Seriously though.........this thread hasn't been closed yet?!?!?!?!?!

im not lumping anybody into anything, im just saying that ive only met a handful (<5) cool cops and they were definitely NOT in fishers and yea there are cops like that everywhere but i have yet to be pulled over by a down to earth, nice, not all about writing tickets, fishers cop.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    im not lumping anybody into anything, im just saying that ive only met a handful (<5) cool cops and they were definitely NOT in fishers and yea there are cops like that everywhere but i have yet to be pulled over by a down to earth, nice, not all about writing tickets, fishers cop.

Well you didn't say "the ones I have dealt with", you said "fishers cops" and I for one take that to mean all of us, esp since I am one of them. If that is not what you meant, then maybe a better choice of words is in order.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel

yep definitely something strange about MOST of these fishers cops. they all seem to be on huge power trips or just get a kick out of acting like they are harder than concrete. now before i start let me first add that i have met some incredibly nice cops from fishers who were very respectful to me and defined what the cop in essence should be. lately, that seems to becoming more and more rare especially in fishers sadly enough.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

yep definitely something strange about MOST of these fishers cops. they all seem to be on huge power trips or just get a kick out of acting like they are harder than concrete. now before i start let me first add that i have met some incredibly nice cops from fishers who were very respectful to me and defined what the cop in essence should be. lately, that seems to becoming more and more rare especially in fishers sadly enough.

I'm not a LEO and I don't always stand up for them. But have you ever thought that the reason you run into the jerks(minority) and not the decent ones is because the jerks go out of their way to be jerks? There might be a handful of them on the force that will hassle you for oc or exposing while cc or will pull you over for going 3 mph over the limit etc.. Those are the ones you'll interact with, not the majority that will glance and go their own way. Thats why it seems that the majority are jack booted thugs when its not that way in reality.

ETA IBTL

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm not a LEO and I don't always stand up for them. But have you ever thought that the reason you run into the jerks(minority) and not the decent ones is because the jerks go out of their way to be jerks? There might be a handful of them on the force that will hassle you for oc or exposing while cc or will pull you over for going 3 mph over the limit etc.. Those are the ones you'll interact with, not the majority that will glance and go their own way. Thats why it seems that the majority are jack booted thugs when its not that way in reality.

ETA IBTL

Or as the statement I made to my 9YO just about 14hrs ago:

If you have an issue with everyone, then maybe the issue lies with you and not everyone else. I'm not saying anyone else has an issue, but I can say that I am polite and respectfull until I'm not treated nice and respectfull AND the situation then calls for me to not be respectfull or nice. If either one of you would like to meet a nice Fishers cop, then pm me and we will set something up, if not that's fine too just try not to lump us all together into the bad group without at least trying. Besides, you would get to meet another INGO member and I would be happy to show off my toys. Just trying to make things as right as i can. :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

THAT was a "good experience"????

Maybe I don't understand what the word "good" means.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    THAT was a "good experience"????

Maybe I don't understand what the word "good" means.

It probably means that the officer safely disarmed him during an investigation of a reported felony, was able to ascertain that no crime had been committed, and returned his weapon to him in a timely manner. The officer did her job, and everyone went home safely.

I don't suppose that's enough for some people. Perhaps the police should just let anyone involved in a felony investigation remain armed, especially if they have an easily forged pink slip of paper with them. God knows police officers don't ever get shot by people facing possible arrest. Thomas Jefferson is probably rolling in his grave that somebody was without his pistol for 20 minutes during an investigation.

There's a LOT you don't understand, apparently.

:rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It probably means that the officer safely disarmed him during an investigation of a reported felony, was able to ascertain that no crime had been committed, and returned his weapon to him in a timely manner. The officer did her job, and everyone went home safely.

I don't suppose that's enough for some people. Perhaps the police should just let anyone involved in a felony investigation remain armed, especially if they have an easily forged pink slip of paper with them. God knows police officers don't ever get shot by people facing possible arrest. Thomas Jefferson is probably rolling in his grave that somebody was without his pistol for 20 minutes during an investigation.

There's a LOT you don't understand, apparently.

:rolleyes:
    :yesway:
    As my friend stated, that was not a "run of the mill" traffic stop. The officer stopped him on allegations of child abuse. Disarming him briefly is reasonable. Once the officer deemed the allegations to be false, she returned the pistol quickly and let go about the rest of his day. There are times that disarming a person who is legally carrying is prudent, even if it for just a few minutes.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    First of all, just because someone is carrying illegally doesn't mean "one more dead body" or an "over sensationalized news story." it certainly doesn't mean the gun itself is illegal.

But considering the VAST majority - over whelming majority - are good, upstanding citizens, yes, it should not be assumed otherwise - by anyone, especially LE.

I always get a kick out of watching "cops". You know at the beginning when they say "all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" and then you see someone get their ass handed to them by the police? I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but you've already DECIDED they're guilty from the comfort of your own home just by watching the show unfold.

The reality is that when you are arrested/stopped by LEO, you are already assumed to be guilty of something, and then you will have to prove your innocence, whether it be on the spot or in court. If a prosecutor charges you with something, the burden is on you just as much to prove your innocence as it is for the prosecution to prove your guilt. If you've ever been to court for anything you know this is the case.

If you look at this scenario from that point of view (backwards I guess) you might see it differently. The guy did absolutely nothing but go about his day. His gun showed a little and the LEO thought it was a good time/place to check him out and see if he's legit. He did nothing to make anyone think he WASN'T legit.

Look at the OP from that point of view. In this case, it was up to the citizen to prove he was an upstanding citizen.

How is a person who is carrying a gun illegally an upstanding citizen? I think you missed the point here.

Top Bottom