• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    CC is not for "sissies". It all boils down to how you wish to carry. The law allows either (period). My boss tells me I have to carry concealed, he pays the bills. I am sure that if you look around you will see or read TOO many (for you mrortega) pro and negative experiences on the subject. I CC every day. Just my opinion. For me, when I walk into a store I do not want being stared at or made a target of comments or being made a target by some bad guy. Remember I stated this is just my opinion. Police are still struggling with the whole new law even it is almost a year old. In thier defense, they don't see too many people carrying responsibly. In the defense of the person with an LTCH, they have the right to carry openly. They do not wish to be hasseled. When you do research, you will read positive and negative encounters on the subject. The choice is yours alone to make. I am neither pro or against it. I did not mean to offend.

Can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE]
    Weird. Every time I read that phrase I get the urge all over again to club somebody.:D

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He shut-er down right at 50 too, didn't he? Nice...

No, all the posts I made to get to the 50 count have been posts that I would have made otherwise. It just hit a late enough hour that I went to bed after hitting 50.

Not to wear my feelings on my sleeve, but it irks me that people are so quick to jump to the conclusion that I was only farming for posts... I mainly shut down on this thread because it turned into what I was hoping it wouldn't. My question wasn't being answered people were bickering back and forth so I let it sit overnight.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    No, all the posts I made to get to the 50 count have been posts that I would have made otherwise. It just hit a late enough hour that I went to bed after hitting 50.

Not to wear my feelings on my sleeve, but it irks me that people are so quick to jump to the conclusion that I was only farming for posts... I mainly shut down on this thread because it turned into what I was hoping it wouldn't. My question wasn't being answered people were bickering back and forth so I let it sit overnight.

Sorry, that should have been in purple. No offense intended. Just joking buddy.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There, doesn't everyone feel better now that everything's out in the open? :)

And yes, of course that metaphor was intentional. :D

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    CC is not for "sissies". It all boils down to how you wish to carry. The law allows either (period). My boss tells me I have to carry concealed, he pays the bills. I am sure that if you look around you will see or read TOO many (for you mrortega) pro and negative experiences on the subject. I CC every day. Just my opinion. For me, when I walk into a store I do not want being stared at or made a target of comments or being made a target by some bad guy. Remember I stated this is just my opinion. Police are still struggling with the whole new law even it is almost a year old. In thier defense, they don't see too many people carrying responsibly. In the defense of the person with an LTCH, they have the right to carry openly. They do not wish to be hasseled. When you do research, you will read positive and negative encounters on the subject. The choice is yours alone to make. I am neither pro or against it. I did not mean to offend.

Can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE]
    Weird. Every time I read that phrase I get the urge all over again to club somebody.:D

I don't even think I have a club anymore. I do have a taser. Wanna try? :yesway:

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011

Not to wear my feelings on my sleeve,

Please CC your feelings under your sleeves from now on.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    "Tape it to your forehead and put a hat on." Easy there Bunnykid68. Some of us can't afford the hair loss that kind of carry causes.:D

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    when i started, it was cc. picked up an oc holster for shooting sports and found that the oc holster was easier to put on and take off. since i cannot carry at work, i started taking the oc holster with me and just putting that on to go to lunch. i still cc regularly, i also oc regularly. depends on where i am going, what i will be doing, etc. i also purchased a back up pocket carry and i cc that 99.9% of the time when i am not at work. some days its all i take with me. most days i have my trusty m&p at my side (or back depending on oc/cc) and my bug in the pocket. so some days i do one, other days i do both. get a holster for each. do both. if you are not comfortable oc, then pull your tshirt over the outside waist band holster and call it cc.

tmattern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Target

I would rather the bad guy not know that I am carrying until its to late! Other wise you set yourself up to be the first target on his list, since you may be the only threat he has. Your choice though, I prefer not to have a target on my forehead.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I would rather the bad guy not know that I am carrying until its to late! Other wise you set yourself up to be the first target on his list, since you may be the only threat he has. Your choice though, I prefer not to have a target on my forehead.

POSITIVE Rep inbound before the bashing starts. Bunnykins is correct - wrong thread better off in the tacked thread at top.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom