• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    You may be reading to much into the statement he made. CCers aren't approached as much as OCers is where I believe he was going with that.

He is a good guy and I am sure you are correct. But, that is not what he wrote. What he wrote will inflame CC'ers and then the debate will start and ruin this thread.

Think of me as the Ghandi of this thread trying to keep peace and tranquility whereever I prose.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    He is a good guy and I am sure you are correct. But, that is not what he wrote. What he wrote will inflame CC'ers and then the debate will start and ruin this thread.

Think of me as the Ghandi of this thread trying to keep peace and tranquility whereever I prose.
    No offense, but I completely fail to see how you get that from what was said, as long as you read the prior sentence before/along with it.

I mean if you read that sentence alone, perhaps. But not with the accompanying sentences.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    No offense, but I completely fail to see how you get that from what was said, as long as you read the prior sentence before/along with it.

I mean if you read that sentence alone, perhaps. But not with the accompanying sentences.

No problem - your failure does not offend me.

You state that if you can discuss civil and educated, then you can OC. Then you state that if you are not there ("you have a lot more to learn"), then you should CC.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If you feel like you can discuss your rights in a CIVIL and EDUCATED manner and turn a simple inquiry into a positive learning experience for someone, then by all means OC. If you feel you have a lot more to learn before taking that on, then CC. This is a raging debate in the gun world and will likely never end. I'm glad we have the right to choose here in IN.
    The red is a specific reference to the phrase prior thus obviously indicating that you WILL be confronted more by OC'ing. If you're not prepared for that, then you have the choice not to until you're comfortable.

your failure does not offend me.
    Nice. I've been the bullseye lately so trying to incite it further doesn't really bother me, but refraining from it only helps yourself by staying respectful. :twocents: There was no failure in my choice of phrase. I cannot help it if you interpret it differently.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I started cc about 22 yrs ago, then it went to "I don't care if I print" , Now I occasionally oc. It really depends on where I'm going to, and the company I'm with.

Edit cause I can't do math..had to change the # of years

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The red is a specific reference to the phrase prior thus obviously indicating that you WILL be confronted more by OC'ing. If you're not prepared for that, then you have the choice not to until you're comfortable.

Nice. I've been the bullseye lately so trying to incite it further doesn't really bother me, but refraining from it only helps yourself by staying respectful. :twocents: There was no failure in my choice of phrase. I cannot help it if you interpret it differently.
    He interpreted it differently because he wanted to interpret it differently so he could make an issue out of it. I knew exactly what you meant.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia

Both are incorrect.

I used the word "that" to referring to the act of OC'ing not the experience as you meant. I tried to explain it in my follow-up. Now that I understand that is what you meant, then it makes sense and I retract what I wrote.

My failure comment may have been better in pruple. I do not really know what bullseye you refer to but hopefully it moves on.

Thank you KG1 (and kid) for knowing my intentions better than I did (and not hypocritically interpreting what you wanted to interpret). You two must be twins and think alike but as explained above - I read it different and am saying I was wrong in my interpretation.

Last edited:

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm glad that the heated back and forth seems to have come to a peaceful conclusion, things seemed pretty tense there for a bit :P

It is very strange how much effectiveness in communication can be lost/misunderstood when you remove the vocal/visual elements...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I started cc about 33 yrs ago, then it went to "I don't care if I print" , Now I occasionally oc. It really depends on where I'm going to, and the company I'm with.
    This ... I have "carried" since I was 21... quite a few years ago... in the end, it is up to YOU... How confident are YOU, how are you at talking with people. Read some of the ENDLESS debates, here then decide for YOURSELF... I still cc sometimes, and I oc, sometimse, and I have "printed" a LOT .... sometimes, I would wear a 9mm, and a mag pouch, and a tight "T" shirt, on purpose..... NOTHING happened, so that is when I started OC ..... :twocents: JMHE...

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I did not carry a handgun until the beginning of
    my seventh decade.I first carried openly because
    my employer paid me to carry openly.Too wordy?

Thanks

Mark

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I did not carry a handgun until the beginning of
    my seventh decade.I first carried openly because
    my employer paid me to carry openly.Too wordy?

Thanks

Mark
    Mark, it's apparent that you went to school when they still expected you to learn. One of my pet peeves is the incorrect use of the words "to" and "too." Nice job on your usage. (And you may be one of the few people around here older than me. Can you recommend a good brand of drool bib? :D )

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I started by carrying openly. Then, the first time I put on a coat, it was concealed.

I hate coats. :cool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Both are incorrect.

I used the word "that" to referring to the act of OC'ing not the experience as you meant. I tried to explain it in my follow-up. Now that I understand that is what you meant, then it makes sense and I retract what I wrote.

My failure comment may have been better in pruple. I do not really know what bullseye you refer to but hopefully it moves on.

Thank you KG1 (and kid) for knowing my intentions better than I did (and not hypocritically interpreting what you wanted to interpret). You two must be twins and think alike but as explained above - I read it different and am saying I was wrong in my interpretation.
    Hey, no sweat. Whatever you do don't use "pruple"

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    CC is not for "sissies". It all boils down to how you wish to carry. The law allows either (period). My boss tells me I have to carry concealed, he pays the bills. I am sure that if you look around you will see or read TOO many (for you mrortega) pro and negative experiences on the subject. I CC every day. Just my opinion. For me, when I walk into a store I do not want being stared at or made a target of comments or being made a target by some bad guy. Remember I stated this is just my opinion. Police are still struggling with the whole new law even it is almost a year old. In thier defense, they don't see too many people carrying responsibly. In the defense of the person with an LTCH, they have the right to carry openly. They do not wish to be hasseled. When you do research, you will read positive and negative encounters on the subject. The choice is yours alone to make. I am neither pro or against it. I did not mean to offend.

Can't we all just get along?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    OC is not for everyone. Some have more confidence in their ability than others. Oc'ers migh have more training in situational awareness than some and can control their actions better than others. CC'ers can still defend themselves and still be just as trained. Training is the key. Train on how you react. The most important thing is to know your environment, the laws, your weapon, gun safety and your own ability ro react. I am a firm believer that when an action is taken against you, you are physically and mentally behind in a reaction form. You can't read minds, you can see people telegraphing their intentions.

Top Bottom