• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I moved to Florida from Indy, I have been here 8 months and can tell you you better carry here, there are places here that make the worst places in Indy seem very nice. I would carry a weapon and a extra mag as well as a light and a bottle of pepper spray. One thing you must check out is there are several parks, downtown's, and beaches that are IC coded NO FIREARMS, you better have a double look, ask, and read-up first.

This is a fun place to live, I live in a very nice area but man are there some rough people down here!

Let me know what area's you plan on going and I can make some great recommendations, I have been coming down here for 8-9 years.

Agree completely. There are some REAL rough areas in Florida, and in all the states on the drive down there.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just a note in the same vein as the OP:

While we didn't vacation in FL, we also vacationed in a state that honors my IN LTCH.

Unfortunately, though, this particular state has laws against carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol. There are also laws against carrying in state parks. And the city we stayed in has laws against carrying in city parks. It's also a state where "no firearms" signs carry weight of law...unlike here in Indiana.

So, since our trip was mostly sight-seeing / hiking / eating out... I was only able to carry in precious few areas. I did have two handguns with me, though, but they were mostly kept in a backpack and locked in the trunk of the car...or in the hotel room with us. I don't think we left the Baymont while leaving them in there.

Guess the moral is that you've got to know the laws of the land you're in and deal accordingly to what best fits your situation. And be prepared to reap the consequences of your actions...just like here in IN.

-J-

Top Bottom