• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have had one for years. I have mine mounted on a 1X6 pine board so I can hold it on a metal trash can and trim away while watching TV.

Put a little grease on the rotating shaft to keep it running smooth. The aluminum knob will turn your fingers and thumb black and I have often threatened to motorize it somehow. But since I don't trim my rifle cases too often, I forget about it while it gathers dust in between uses.

You will want one for 223 and any follow on rifle cases. You don't need it for 9mm or any pistol case.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've had the Forster case trimmer for a long time. I got the power adapter, which lets me attach my electric drill. Things go a lot easier with it when I really have to trim a bunch of cases. I may have bought the power adapter from Sinclair Int'l or Midway. I really don't recall.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I'll second the Lee case trimmer recommendation. I used mine with a cordless drill. I like their simplicity, and I just get a whole new set up for each caliber because they are cheap. Cheap enough, that if you try them and don't like them your not out much ($15-$20) for everything. PM me if you want more detail.

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I've had the Forster for years. If you are interested in accuracy, you can't go wrong with this trimmer. I have mine mounted on piece of wood so it can be clamped in a vise. Works great. Good luck.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I did not see a price. Also, I'm limited on space and on a budget.

New ones are around 425.00 They can be found used now and then for a little less. It seems whenever someone buys one they hardly ever get rid of them. I used to dread trimming cases. Now I don't mind it one bit. If a person doesn't do much reloading it is hard to justify the exspence.

Top Bottom