• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteviGX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    I really hope that this is a much less common than I am hoping. I was talking to guy I work with who was shot a few years ago. I was talking about how long the wait times for LTCH have been with all the people applying.

He went on to tell me that he carries a 45, has no idea what model, anything about it, just mexican carries it most everywhere he goes.

I tried to explain how irresponsible that was but he really didn't seem to give a ****. Has anyone dealt with someone that has an attitude like that? I'm trying to convince him to apply for his LTCH so that he will be legal but he really doesn't seem interested at all.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    He was shot once already. I can see how he might be disinclined to embrace that idea that he has to ask permission to defend himself.

That said, breaking the law doesn't do any of us any good.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I agree with churchmouse ....

and it doesn't help us when we are trying to fight to keep our rights. Now I am not saying that I agree with the LTC thing, but that is the current law.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    Some people are just asking to be arrested.

Some may have Constitutional objections to the licensing by the state of what is in actuality a Right reserved by the People at whom's consent that state governs.

If they passed a law requiring you apply for a license to attend church or read the newspaper of your choosing, would you comply?

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    I agree with churchmouse ....

and it doesn't help us when we are trying to fight to keep our rights. Now I am not saying that I agree with the LTC thing, but that is the current law.

so, too, were the sugar tax, stamp tax, quartering of soldiers, etc... in 1775. Just sayin'

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some may have Constitutional objections to the licensing by the state of what is in actuality a Right reserved by the People at whom's consent that state governs.

If they passed a law requiring you apply for a license to attend church or read the newspaper of your choosing, would you comply?

I hate it myself but having had issues in the past I find it best to pay their freaking tax and do the boot licking.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    What exactly does "Mexican carries" mean?

Carrying a gun inside the waistband without any kind of holster.

Not the safest way to carry a gun.

Daily+carry1.JPG

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    The penalties for carrying without a license are pretty severe, and you'll never get a LTCH after being arrested for not having one. While I do not agree that the process should be necessary, it is still the law in Indiana and our procedure is less onerous than most other states.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    The penalties for carrying without a license are pretty severe, and you'll never get a LTCH after being arrested for not having one. While I do not agree that the process should be necessary, it is still the law in Indiana and our procedure is less onerous than most other states.

Unless the standards have changed since 1994, this is untrue.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Looks like appendix carry to me since it looks like there is a holster.:dunno:

Missed the holster.. I just google (images) "mexican carry".. found lots of neat stuff :laugh:

When I carry that way, I just tuck "Old Fred" in my sock to keep him out of the way. I don't see the problem.

I typically use an ankle holster for that though :D

I bet you would agree that the urinal water is really cold too :laugh:

Top Bottom