• ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't date anymore.

Married 28 years so dating (other than my wife) is a no no. I do normally CC when on a date with my wife. Most of the time IWB, wallet holster or "Smart Carry" if I don't want even her to know. My wife knows I carry, doesn't really notice IWB or wallet holster. As for the Smart Carry, there is no way she would know I was carrying (I already told you been married 28 years).
    She knew I was a gun nut from day one. On a more serious note, secrets from loves ones do you no good.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I CC all the time.
    I've been divorced over 14 years now and date at least once a month.
    I make it a point as I'm getting to know a gal to let her know I'm a gun person and carry 24/7.
    IF she's not good with that I don't date her.
    Plain and simple.
    It's also a good way to find a girl that likes to shoot or is at least open to the idea of it.
    Careful though, I've been dating a girl now for close to a year that doesn't like handguns but loves shooting clays. My shotgun, my loads, my fees.
    It's worth the money though. UNLESS I beat her on clays then it's usually a "dry date" LOL! She's competitive as it gets.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    MarriedAs for the Smart Carry, there is no way she would know I was carrying (I already told you been married 28 years).
    That's funny and sad at the same time.

As for me...I am also married. If I were dating(and I'm not incase my wife finds this ;) I would CC. I am not going to change at this point in my life for an anti. I would discretely remove it if things were going to get physical. Or most likely before then my gun hobby would be known and we would have been to the range together.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The future Mrs Evilwrench is out there somewhere... waiting...

Yeah, and I'm not in a hurry or something, just kinda down right now about it. XGF was great, but she "done me wrong" at the end in a really suck way. Hehe she found out about the gun thing when she saw the strap of my M4 peeking out from under the bed and thought it was a "tote bag", so that's what we called it from then on. Fortunately she was ok with it, even had her to the range.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I would CC, but that is my personal opinion, and I would most likely not say anything on the first date, so I would understand a good way to explain it too her

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I CC'ed on my date last night. He didn't notice till we were out walking the dogs and I had to bend over to detangle the leash. He was ok with it, but knew from before that I carry and love guns.
    I agree with all those who said it before, honesty is the best policy. That doesn't mean you walk right up to the person and say "HI, I'm carrying my gun...." but it needs to be mentioned sooner rather than later.........

:twocents:

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    Honestly, I probably wouldn't carry on a date...but then again, I don't carry all of the time, so not a big thing for me. It's not fun dancing while packing...just sayin'.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've gotten to where I carry everywhere except on the job (big nono) and if my girl is not ok with it, it's just not going to work anyway. I'll have to find a different one.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Working on getting my girlfriends residency switched over; once we do that, she'll have her permit too. Not been any problems from her end, although she occasionally chuckles at me for carrying multiple guns, or spare mags. She understands, though. :)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Honestly, I probably wouldn't carry on a date...but then again, I don't carry all of the time, so not a big thing for me. It's not fun dancing while packing...just sayin'.

You carry gun should be like your shoes. You have more than one pair right?

I've got a dozen easily. Tennis shoes, flip flops, sandals, several different pairs of boots (range boots, cold weather boots, yard work boots ect.), old tennis shoes in case I need a pair I can completely trash, dress shoes...

Who wouldn't own several different carry guns? If you are serious about defending yourself or a loved one, you need to have the right firearm for every occasion.

I don't go out dancing with my wife as much now as before our children were born but even then I was always armed and had no problems bustin' out a move or three.

Sometimes that would I'd be carrying less gun that I would have liked to, but my idea of compromise is less firepower as opposed to nothing.

To answer the OP:

Yes carry. IMO carry isn't necessarily something that should come up on the first date but you need to bring it up by the 2nd or 3rd date.

If they don't like it? Screw them, plenty of fish out there. You don't want to wind up marrying an anti anyway. I've seen too many of my friends do it and it always turned out the same. From "I don't like it, but it's ok if you keep them locked up" to "you can't buy any more and you should sell XYZ or ABC to cover this or that".

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    You carry gun should be like your shoes. You have more than one pair right?

I've got a dozen easily. Tennis shoes, flip flops, sandals, several different pairs of boots (range boots, cold weather boots, yard work boots ect.), old tennis shoes in case I need a pair I can completely trash, dress shoes...

You make a good point here and yes I have a lot of different shoes - but have my favorites ;). I probably should starting carrying more often.

Top Bottom