• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Carry enough to outgun the wife if you get caught.

I CC'd before I was married and do so now that I only date the Mrs. As has been mentioned, OC sometimes leads to date interfering situations.

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I CC, but I usually try to mention it to the lady, perhaps not on the first date, but within a reasonable time frame.

Letting them "discover" your firearm just doesn't play out like it does in the movies. They tend to go with psycho rather than badass.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I'm in the "I had her before I started CC'ing" club, but if I did have to start new with someone, I would do what Bill of Rights suggested. Most people are woefully oblivious to you carrying, so especially with dim lighting it wouldn't be too hard to drop the gun with your clothes. Odds are there would be some touchy feely before the clothes came off though, hmmmm. If I were trying to structure the flow of the relationship in a way that would make her feel positively about me carrying (assuming she's neutral to begin with), I would probably find a way to bring up going to the shooting range as a date and say that it's fun to target shoot. If she says a rather firm no, then that would be a red flag. If she is down with it, I'd wait until after we had fun at the range, and then put the gun into my IWB holster. That would certainly start the conversation...

I guess it depends on whether we are talking about dating with intentions of starting a relationship, or just hooking up. If your plan is short lived flings (to put it nicely), then I would honestly leave the gun at home. The price you pay to play :P

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    On a date?

dusktilldawn.jpg

80% of the time, it works every time. ;)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Clearly, OC. It's a fact that people only OC to attract attention and compensate for lacking in certain other areas.
    :D

Fact?...I'd like to see the studies supporting this accusation.......great example of condoning irresponsible carrying for the wrong reasons too

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Make sure to inform her before the date that you do carry, at which point you can ask if she would prefer if you OC or CC. Preferably, on a first date it would be smarter to CC just so you don't have the inconvenience of being harrassed by a local badge on a power trip and ruin your evening. In any case, I always make sure they know I carry and if they have a problem with that then there's other fish.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think barrel lenght is more important than caliber for a first date.
    Then with the good holster your date will be impressed. :D

main.php

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm married and I still date. I hope you guys love your wives enough to still take them out!

Anyway I would think that you should carry how you usually do, why would you change for a woman? I mean if your into the liberal persuasion and really needed to get some then yeah I could see keeping it from them but frankly those types don't turn me on...

Devil's advocate: knowing that most women are simply opposed to guns on an irrational basis rooted in fear of the unknown and ignorance, it's very likely that the in-your-face surprise exposure to something she doesn't like is going to solidify her in that position even more.

Keeping it under wraps allows you to gradually and respectfully introduce her to the subject. You can find out before you break OPSEC where she stands and your chances of turning her.

mmorph55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Lafayette
    Just cut to the chase. Take her to a range on your first date. After shooting a few weapons you bring along then let her try your EDC.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't ever say this to men but....... Nice holster on the PF-9..... what kind and where can I get one and for how much??

Sorry I just thought this type of holster was the best one for a first date if you carry the right size gun. :):
    It's actually not me on that picture and not my holster so im not sure where you can find it. :dunno:
    I dont think it's the best practical holster since I dont see how you can draw fast or draw at all when sitting down.
    But if you like that style it looks really easy to make your own.
    Just use a old pair of jeans and use the denim to make the holster (actually you can even use a pocket already made from the jean), use velcro straps on the back and voila!

Top Bottom