• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    So what's your policy when you go on a date, gentlemen and ladies? OP or CC? If CC, do you allow the situation to, urh, "surprise" him or her, or do you go, "Wait, there is something you have to know about me"? Do you break out your pretty gun to make the best impression, or do you go in honesty? Does caliber matter? Inquiring minds want to know!

Da Bing

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Clearly, OC. It's a fact that people only OC to attract attention and compensate for lacking in certain other areas. Not to mention the confidence boost from walking around thinking you're a cowboy. If anybody approaches you about it, make sure to cause a scene and show everybody that you're not going to take anybody's crap.

The above may require purple... :D

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    I dont date my wife would frown on that , but if i did it would be cc it would be a .40 and if it gets far enough for her to know i have a gun she would have to accept it or move on because my 2a and cc are a part of who i am,as far as caliber i think its a personal choice

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    CC. its less likely to attract the kind of attention that can ruin a date.

I guess I'm the sort that thinks that if she's "finding" your CCW, you should have talked it over by then.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I was still dating, I'm thinking CC, caliber unimportant. Location of the CC is something to consider, though, and would depend on what I was wearing.

And if things started progressing to where my CC would become visible, I'd have planned ahead how to remove whatever clothing by the bedside and probably lay my shirt over the top of it. Concealed means concealed, but that means it's still there, ready for use if needed.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When I go on a date, I almost always OC.

No surprises, though, she's been married to me for 16 years now. ;)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been out of the dating game for 33yrs, except to date my wife. So hopefully you are dating a pro 2nd amendment person then it should not matter. I would probably OC though, because after dinner and a few drinks, if you get "lucky" I might be concerned about muzzel control during the heat of the moment...if you know what I mean. :laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm married and I still date. I hope you guys love your wives enough to still take them out!

Anyway I would think that you should carry how you usually do, why would you change for a woman? I mean if your into the liberal persuasion and really needed to get some then yeah I could see keeping it from them but frankly those types don't turn me on...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    And if things started progressing to where my CC would become visible, I'd have planned ahead how to remove whatever clothing by the bedside and probably lay my shirt over the top of it. Concealed means concealed, but that means it's still there, ready for use if needed.

"Excuse for a moment while I slip into something more comfortable"

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I say CC and then make her pay for dinner. If she passes tht test, then OC and split the next bill. Third date is the gun range which you pay for. If you can't get at least single action on the third date, probably best to move on. (no purple easily on iphone)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I dont date my wife would frown on that

If I was still dating,
    Boooo @ you guys ^ !!

When I go on a date, I almost always OC.
    No surprises, though, she's been married to me for 16 years now. ;)

I'm married and I still date. I hope you guys love your wives enough to still take them out!
    THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout! ;)

i thought the point in getting married was so you didn't have to take them out anymore..........
    Booo!! (Rotten tomato splat) BOOOO!!!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't have a gun back when I was "dating".

Nowadays, when I go on dates with the girlfriend (of 6 years), yeah, I OC and she's cool with that.

Top Bottom