• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I have never understood the problems that most people are reporting with summer carry. Perhaps someone can explaine the big deal a little better. While I don't wear shorts any further from the house than to get the mail, even those have the same construction as pants. So a wife beater to absorb the sweat and a light weight t-shirt, polo, or button up and I have never had an issue. It is the summer so it is understandable to have your shirt untucked. Go out to BR and start looking for some nice high quality T-shirts think light weight and "Airy" that will give you a nice summer style. And stop wearing flip flops or crocs. They are ugly and every one is making fun of you for it.

You don't have to compromise what you carry, but you might have to downgrade the capacity. Summer is a good time to change over to a compact or sub compact, and now you can utilize those cargo pockets by putting all those extra mags in there.

one more note of fashion and carry. Stop wearing brown leather holsters and belts with black pants and shoes. The tan leather on a comptac is one thing, but it isn't that hard to find something that matches.

And yes Aloha shirts are out, way out. And you don't get to wear them unless you have a bitchin mustache and drive some one elses Ferrari.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I happen to drive someone else's Ferrari on a frequent basis :)

The biggest problem I have with summer is my wife expects me to dress like a preppy summer guy. That, and work couldn't care less that it's summer, and they want me to come to work and wear long pants and button-down shirts when it's hot out..

Smartcarry comes through again! I can carry concealed without a shirt AND still carry a full-size firearm if I want. Heck, I can even carry in trunks if I want..

I will agree on brown belt/black pants.. I only own one pair of black pants, and I have a nice black belt to go with them. Other than that, I wear brown all the time!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have never understood the problems that most people are reporting with summer carry. Perhaps someone can explaine the big deal a little better. While I don't wear shorts any further from the house than to get the mail, even those have the same construction as pants. So a wife beater to absorb the sweat and a light weight t-shirt, polo, or button up and I have never had an issue. It is the summer so it is understandable to have your shirt untucked. Go out to BR and start looking for some nice high quality T-shirts think light weight and "Airy" that will give you a nice summer style. And stop wearing flip flops or crocs. They are ugly and every one is making fun of you for it.

You don't have to compromise what you carry, but you might have to downgrade the capacity. Summer is a good time to change over to a compact or sub compact, and now you can utilize those cargo pockets by putting all those extra mags in there.

one more note of fashion and carry. Stop wearing brown leather holsters and belts with black pants and shoes. The tan leather on a comptac is one thing, but it isn't that hard to find something that matches.

And yes Aloha shirts are out, way out. And you don't get to wear them unless you have a bitchin mustache and drive some one elses Ferrari.
    I'd like to nominate homeless for the position of "INGO fashion police."

Also, maybe we could dedicate a portion of the forum so he could answer questions. We could call it "Style eye for the gun guy" or something like that.

Great post, homeless! :rockwoot:

:draw:

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am also having a problem with summer carry coming up. This will be my first summer activily carrying and feel like my side arm sticks out like a sore thumb. I have an M & P 40c. I currently use an in the small of the back holster. I'm 6'4" and 170 pounds so theres no hiding it. Any thoughts?

Forgive me if this is a very newbie question. I'm new to CCW but not to firearms. Never felt like I had a need to carry before but the worlds changed a bit.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Here is a secret; you gun does't stick out to any one but you. The only people that notice "that bulge" are other guys who carry,some cops, and that girl you are hitting on who isn't going to give you her number because you are wearing flip flops and an Aloha shirt.

What is the problem with long pants? They come in many different weights and fabrics, stop wearing wool and put on some cotton or even a Poly blend fabric. The breeze will cool your legs and the sun wont burn them. The same goes for shirts too.

And what ever carry method you are going with your gun is going to get some sweat on it. Don't freak out you can run the Silicone cloth on it when you get home. However remember that Stainless steel does just that, it stains less. It will rust just not as easily as Carbon Steel. Don't go shiny in the summer use something that has a finish of some sort. Tenifer, Parkerize, Nitron are the hot tickets. And I still say that SmartCarry is gross, who wants to shoot a gun that smells like crotch sweat?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I happen to drive someone else's Ferrari on a frequent basis :)

You need the following:

1. cheesy stash (sorry for me only a cheesy goatee)
    2. loud shirt - unbuttoned (have medium loud shirt)
    3. harry chest (the wife love this, I have one lucky 4 me)
    4. 1911 (have this)
    5. friends name rick and tc (i don't have these but maybe someday)

:D

Usually a untucked t-shirt when going out - I don't like mine too tight
    so the j-frame (summer carry) works well in pocket or a kydex.
    1911 in the winter usually kydex with jacket over the top.

I'll open carry occasionally, gets some looks on the motorcycle when
    the wind blows my shirt up. :) No one has questioned me however.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    carry

Type in Active Pro Gear in your search engine and check out their holsters. I think they may help you out. stay safe

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I almost always carry appendix when I'm off-duty. You can wear short and a tank-top and you'll never see it. That is what I usually wear in the summer anyway.
    RavenP7ACR7.jpg

RavenP7ACR11.jpg

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    google

Thanks Scutter would have gone ahead and done it myself but had to get to the other room real fast(if you know what I mean) stay safe

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks Scutter would have gone ahead and done it myself but had to get to the other room real fast(if you know what I mean) stay safe

You gotta have your priorities. You need wireless and a laptop. Never be away from INGO. NEVER.

SWAT-DOC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kel-tek 32 in a fobus for shorts and tee shirt around the house,yard or running, S&W 38 in another fobus under a print shirt for casual, Mexican carry under my 5-11 safari vest for the heavy artillery... Springfield v-12 or browning HP. I like the inside the pants without a holster for the big autos...I can always tell just where the weapon is and even the angle it is riding.

Top Bottom