• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I will be wearing long shorts with pockets below the regular pockets. I've got an LCP pocket holster that I'm going to try, but the inside-the-pants holster might be just fine with an un-tucked t-shirt. I'm going to just see what works. That LCP shouldn't be hard to conceal.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I went out today in shorts and a long sleeve tshirt with my glock 19 in a high noon split decision iwb holster. I think it hid pretty well.

First time carrying in public too!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Hawaiian shirts for me or any long shortsleeve shirt. Dark, printed shirts work the best it seems. Or you can convert to pocket carry.

Buckaroo

Last edited:

Birddogs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    I'd say try out the pocket carry for your LCP like Skinr talked about. I've got the Desantis Nemesis holster for mine, and it really stops the gun from printing at all. Nick

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I pocket carried my Kahr PM9 a lot last summer. Pretty much disappears in work slacks. It isn't quite as easy to hide in shorts, but still conceals well.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went out today in shorts and a long sleeve tshirt with my glock 19 in a high noon split decision iwb holster. I think it hid pretty well.

First time carrying in public too!
    Congrats on breaking your carry cherry.

I'm not a fan of tshirts for carry because they tend to be cut a little tighter and the gun will pretty easily print against the fabric. A rugby shirt seems to be similar looking but cut a bit looser and those seem to work better for concealing (at least for me) because they don't print as much.

Hawaiian shirts for me or any long shortsleeve shirt. Dark, printed shirts work the best it seems. Or you can convert to pocket carry.

Buckaroo
    Agreed that printed shirts work very very well. Seems like the 'pattern' of the shirt breaks up any imprint the gun may impart onto the fabric so not only does the loose fit hide the gun but the pattern printed onto the fabric also helps to hide the gun.

One caution about pocket carry, make sure your gun is safe for pocket carry. Single Action guns like the 1911 pattern pistols and Browning HP type guns should not be "pocket carried." Further it is generally considered unsafe to pocket carry a GLOCK or other similar action gun unless the gun is in a "pocket holster." Guns with long, heavy DA trigger pulls can be safely pocket carried without a holster but I generally don't like it because all sorts of pocket debris can easily get into your gun :twocents:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Buy some Tommy Bahama HAWAIIAN SHIRTS, they will cover up a gun, a side of beef, a refrigerator, 2 whores* and a bottle of rum.
    *Not the fat ones.

I always rent them three at a time. Where do you put that one?

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Congrats on breaking your carry cherry....
    +1

One caution about pocket carry, make sure your gun is safe for pocket carry. Single Action guns like the 1911 pattern pistols and Browning HP type guns should not be "pocket carried." Further it is generally considered unsafe to pocket carry a GLOCK or other similar action gun unless the gun is in a "pocket holster." Guns with long, heavy DA trigger pulls can be safely pocket carried without a holster but I generally don't like it because all sorts of pocket debris can easily get into your gun :twocents:
    Agreed, I never carry w/o a holster! I have a Nemesis for each of my SD guns. They are good for when I stick them in the console too.

Buckaroo

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Buy some Tommy Bahama HAWAIIAN SHIRTS, they will cover up a gun, a side of beef, a refrigerator, 2 whores* and a bottle of rum.
    *Not the fat ones.​

Ah, yes, the $100 shirt. I think I'll stick with just wearing my $6 untucked t-shirt.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How do you hide your cannon (pistol) while wearing summer attire? In shorts, t-shirt, and flop flops even an LCP will stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't. I either strap it on like the Duke, pack a little tiny cap gun, goes in the glove box, seat, or back pack, or just go "naked".

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I don't wear just a t-shirt and shorts unless I'm in the yard, on a walk with my wife and kids, or going for a run. If I'm in the yard or on a walk, I open carry. If I'm running, I don't carry because it would slow me down.
    When I'm out in the summer, I'm usually wearing either a polo shirt or a short-sleeved button down shirt, and I either CC IWB, or OC.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The way I see it, I carry everywhere (unless a sign says I can't or I would get in trouble:rolleyes:).

There are times where it is inconvenient and even uncomfortable, however I feel that if someone is going to rob/hurt me, it will be when I am most vulnerable, ie riding my bike, hiking, doing yard work, etc. I know people that never carry at home, yet we are seeing an increase in robberies while the homeowner is at home!

With that, I do have to compromise what I carry sometimes. I usually don’t have a full size 1911 while mountain biking, but I do have my air weight .38.

Past that, I can conceal a 1911 and my XDm (not at the same time) with my IWB comp-tac holster wearing a t-shirt. However if I bend over, the grip does print.

As for the Hawaiian shirts.....didn't those go out in the 90's?
    :dunno:

Top Bottom