• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    It's come to my attention lately after joining this forum and trading a few firearms that people seem to think that a firearm is not meant to be carried. Am I crazy? I've heard over and over. "It's got holster wear". No kidding. Apparently it's not for protection. Maybe I'm not hip or metrosexual What's your opinion ?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    its the difference between buying one and selling one, no matter what you want to buy a new gun for rockbottom used price with a discount.

so in my opinion its a description of finish wear not a statement on the universe

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Just state the facts and If they are not interested then they can move on.
    Be firm on your price.
    And do research oh the going prices that comparable guns go for!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Guns are different things to different people. It might be a tool, a work of art, or a collectible depending on who's looking at it. Nothing wrong with that.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Guns are different things to different people. It might be a tool, a work of art, or a collectible depending on who's looking at it. Nothing wrong with that.
    Exactly. I have a few guns, and none of them are perfect. Every one of them shows wear that would come from normal use and carry. My little J frame is far from perfect, as the black finish has worn through in several places, a nick here, and a turn line that almost looks like it was jeweled into the cylinder. But one thing I do know, that little pocket gun will be with me until one of us just cant keep going, it has become a good friend that I could never let go.

Vladislas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    People do not understand that if you carry a firearm it will get signs of wear . I tell people if they want a brand new looking firearm then go buy a new firearm .

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Yup, plus 2 counting 45fans post. I have had safe queens for a lot of years and I have guns that I used but was super careful not to mark them.

Now that I want to get into some of the more action oriented shooting events I have to accept that the firearms will show some use. I will admit, it will be tough to live with a blemished finish, but I can do it!:D

I not going to sell any of them so it shouldn't matter from that perspective anyway.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

Amen! There is no bad (legal) reason in the US for owning a firearm. That's the problem I have with politicians who say nobody "needs" an AR-15. Or there is no "sporting purpose" for such-and-such a gun.

Those "reasons" and any others have no bearing. According to the 2nd Amendment, I can own a firearm for ANY legal purpose I want.

So it doesn't matter if I want one for self-defense, or hunting, or target shooting, or plinking, or collecting, or as an investment, or to decorate my gun safe, or just for plain old FUN! It's my right!

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have one RSBH .44 mag that has not been shoot or carried, it came to me from my mother. It had been loaded but not shoot. I'm keeping it that way. I have a pair of Colt SAA's that are worth twice the value paid when they were new. They have several thousand rounds of black powder through them. Colt collectors would probably think I'm nuts using them but I sure get a kick every time a round goes down range.

I know a guy with a 1970's Camaro that only has 5761 miles on it. It was his dad's. It is in a climate controlled space. He enjoys dusting it weekly. If you say something about going for a drive he acts like you called him every bad name you could have known. Don't think he has put 5 miles on it since he got it.

It is the same in all things some use some only look at and some do both not expecting to keep the item new.

Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    I own working guns and looking guns.. My working guns have the usual wear.. My looking guns are NIB never been used.. All depends on what ya want.. Also when your buying most wanna find anything they can to get a lower price.. I always tell em if they wanted new for a 1/4 of the price get an FFL..

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What always get me is when someone tells you they can get that same 700 gun for 550. Then why are you bugging me get one for 550. If you want a quality gun you are more then likely going to pay a heavy price for it however there is a difference between stupid and paying for what you get.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What always get me is when someone tells you they can get that same 700 gun for 550. Then why are you bugging me get one for 550. If you want a quality gun you are more then likely going to pay a heavy price for it however there is a difference between stupid and paying for what you get.

I'm sorry. What does this have to do with carrying guns? Did you post on the wrong thread?:)

Welcome to INGO!

Top Bottom