• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    ANY place that feels that they need to "search" customers at the door is a place where I will not go. I stopped flying commercially when the TSA was formed. That's too much like a "Police State" for me. Any business that feels the need to search everyone should just go out of business. Any insurance carrier that "requires" their policy holders to do it should go under also. This isn't Germany.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just an FYI....if you're currently using a holster that cannot be removed without taking off your belt or pants, get a different holster.

A quality holster that uses soft loops with the mil spec "pull the dot" design is the best.

You need to be able to remove your holster without drawing your gun, and without removing your belt.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I know I'm relatively new here, but it was astonishing how quickly that went south. Is there a long standing vendetta I'm missing here?

Anyhoo, I recently bought some different loops for my alien gear, just to see if I liked them better. Technically you could Un-snap them, but the snaps were really tough to work, especially behind your back. Long story short, I went back to my clips, and one of the big reasons was the ease with which I could go from cc to no carry (as much as I hate it), depending on the need.

I dont think preference in holster qualifies anyone as a DB though. Nor does wearing one without a pistol in it. Almost no use of a holster would, come to think of it, unless you take it off and slap little old ladies with it.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    If firearms/weapons aren't expressly prohibited on venue entrances or admission tickets, or by state/federal law (think public schools or state/federal buildings), I don't have a problem going thru "security". As for preferred method of disarming and storing a weapon in a vehicle, well, I'm a douchebag for more reasons than that I guess.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just an FYI....if you're currently using a holster that cannot be removed without taking off your belt or pants, get a different holster.

You are certainly welcome to your preference, but you should consider that what may be true for you and your circumstances won't necessarily be true universally.

A quality holster that uses soft loops with the mil spec "pull the dot" design is the best.

Is that available for an IWB leather/Kydex hybrid holster? If so, I'd be happy to look into it.

You need to be able to remove your holster without drawing your gun, and without removing your belt.

There is a difference between need and preference. My holster works fine for me (and doesn't require removing either the gun or the belt), and I'm glad that your choice in holster likewise works fine for you.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    And yet you removed your gun, and carried an empty holster.

The ONLY time you should remove your gun from the holster is to shoot or clean it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I dont think preference in holster qualifies anyone as a DB though. Nor does wearing one without a pistol in it. Almost no use of a holster would, come to think of it, unless you take it off and slap little old ladies with it.

Indeed. A tuckable IWB holster, that goes unseen by everyone, can't possibly constitute grounds for douche-baggery.

(I think someone may have misread something, and thought I was walking around with an empty OWB holster, or something. Even then, I wouldn't find such a move to constitute douche-baggery.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes, my Dale Fricke Archangel Holster is Kydex with soft loops. I love it.

Interesting holster company; I wasn't familiar with them before. Unfortunately, their products don't appear to be a viable replacement for the holster that I've found to work for me.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Interesting holster company; I wasn't familiar with them before. Unfortunately, their products don't appear to be a viable replacement for the holster that I've found to work for me.
    That's fine. If you're still interested in soft loops there are other companies that use them on leather or kydex.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's fine. If you're still interested in soft loops there are other companies that use them on leather or kydex.

I'll look into them. I'm always interested in opportunities to improve my rig.

The thing is: I doubt the hook type would have made much of a difference. The issue is more a matter of my need to lose weight, which would make removing/re-placing the holster without unfastening my pants something that would be achievable. :)

Top Bottom