• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • With which type of weapon and method of PUBLIC carry do you approve?

• Total voters

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd love to go grocery shopping with my old Mosin M38 carbine slung over my shoulder. I'm just a happier person when I'm carrying that gun.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if i ever would carry any weapon open or concealed is legal, so why would i vote to only saying i believe we should only be allowed to carry handguns concealed or open? its polls like this that gives anti-gun nutz a way in to try and reduce our rights.
    if it was up to me id approve machine guns for every legal law obeying citizen who wanted one. and there wouldnt be any unconstitutional post 86 ban for civilians either. they knew it would drive the price through the roof and limit who could afford a full auto. if I hadnt have bought my MP5 off of an idiot i would have never been able to afford one and stay married :)
    i voted for any type of carry of any weapon. will i ever carry my MP5 to go grocery shopping? whos says i have or havent :) they fit under a coat nicely. wll i ever strap an AR-15 on my back and go grocery shopping? uh probly almost deffinately not, but who knows maybe one day i will need to, and i want it to still be legal. so thats why i dont give a inch when it comes to my gun rights, and neither should anyone else. never compromise your freedoms because they arent just yours to give away. they belong to citizens who havent even been born yet too. who are we to ruin the future of gun rights? so yes i support all forms of legal carry. i thank goodness i live in indiana and not kookyfornia. its bad enough i have to go there a lot and deal with all the retarded people there.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Carry whatever you want...however you want. My personal preference is just a handgun, concealed.

My personal feeling is people look a bit...how shall we say...overdressed carrying an AR into Denny's...but if that's what you want to do...go for it. But please don't be offended if I change tables so my back isn't to you.

I don't feel open carry of handguns are silly...
    as long as you don't have that cowboy strut and keep pushing your hip out so everyone notices...but it's not for me. It has nothing to do with strategy or tactics (although when they shoot you first it gives me time to seek cover :):) it's merely personal preference.

I won't try to convert you...so please don't try to convert me. ;)

The man made a poll and asked for preferences. I'd rather not be called a gun-grabbing, Constitution hating, JBT pig over it. It's merely *my* preference and opinion.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    What do I approve of? Any and all. I wish I could carry rifle and pistol, I probably would. An armed society, after all, does mind its P's and Q's.

However, I carry quietly and and discreetly. And I will until I have a badge that wards off scrutiny. If that ever happens.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And I will until I have a badge that wards off scrutiny. If that ever happens.

ccw-badge.jpg

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I knew someone was going to post that and almost added a glib remark about it, but decided not to.

Ah well, lesson learned.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Carry whatever you want...however you want. My personal preference is just a handgun, concealed.

My personal feeling is people look a bit...how shall we say...overdressed carrying an AR into Denny's...but if that's what you want to do...go for it. But please don't be offended if I change tables so my back isn't to you.

I don't feel open carry of handguns are silly...as long as you don't have that cowboy strut and keep pushing your hip out so everyone notices...but it's not for me. It has nothing to do with strategy or tactics (although when they shoot you first it gives me time to seek cover :):) it's merely personal preference.

I won't try to convert you...so please don't try to convert me. ;)

The man made a poll and asked for preferences. I'd rather not be called a gun-grabbing, Constitution hating, JBT pig over it. It's merely *my* preference and opinion.

i understand what youre saying and yes i agree about the overdressed part. i keep my back to a wall anyways even if i dont see anyone else with a gun. realy as far as the open carry and becoming a target because of it theory, ive heard that before and i believe its the oposit. i think more criminals are scared of citizens with guns than police. the reason behind my believing this is because police are sometimes more limited in their ability to use deadly force than i would as a citizen. "in fear of my life" gives me a wide birth to use deadly force.

but your right i wont keep harping on you if thats your opinion, but i simply stated mine and the arguments to support my belief, as i would in parlementary proceedure. i aplaud people who state their opinions because any opinion is better than no opinion, and we can always agree to disagree.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My personal feeling is people look a bit...how shall we say...overdressed carrying an AR into Denny's...but if that's what you want to do...go for it. But please don't be offended if I change tables so my back isn't to you

I agree. Prior to watching the video on the guys in Lansing I would have chosen #1 but after seeing Barney with that AR slung over his shoulder at the family diner, I would opt for #3 or 4.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think anybody should be able to carry anything they want, any way they want. Just know that I'm going to pay extra special attention to guys carrying rifles around in public, in the city.

freehoosiertim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I normally OC (during warm weather months, cold weather months it's under my coat) for sake of comfort plus don't think it hurts to have the sheeple get used to occasionally seeing a firearm on a normal looking law abiding citizen. Main exception is I CC in church. Still think we have a long way to go in ending this CC vs OC debate, which shouldn't even be a debate. Just carry, however you want to do it, whatever works for you.

Top Bottom