• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I for one hope his story is true and that if he does ever get caught on public property in violation of the law for failing to get the States permission to exercise a right that some of you are not on that jury because it sounds like you would convict him.:twocents:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    What about your family, or are you exclusive carry. What if you leave it in your vehicle and you step away and a friend or relative are with you?

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ordinarily I love coming to this forum and reading peoples view on things but this type of thread upsets me. When someone excercises their rights the way THEY see fit and it isnt the popular way, they are talked down to and told how wrong you "think" they are? It may not be the way YOU would do it, but guess what it isnt about you. If what someone is doing is legal and not infringing on your rights, stfu and move on. It isnt for you to judge. IMHO

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm not saying private property! Again if it is true he will slip up or get tired of disarming, or have a AD-ND when doing so when leaving private land, which then will land him in hot water. I say just follow the rules like the rest of us.

What rules are being broken here?? Sounds like he is following the law.

mulksman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    North of the Fort
    Ordinarily I love coming to this forum and reading peoples view on things but this type of thread upsets me. When someone excercises their rights the way THEY see fit and it isnt the popular way, they are talked down to and told how wrong you "think" they are? It may not be the way YOU would do it, but guess what it isnt about you. If what someone is doing is legal and not infringing on your rights, stfu and move on. It isnt for you to judge. IMHO

I have been following this forum and many of the threads on here for several months now. I have learned a lot about guns, ammunition, laws and regulations, and about some of the people who post here. While my post count may have reached the epic level of "2"..... I learned many, many years ago that if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all! And with that, I would like thank bassplayrguy for summing it all up very nicely. I couldn't agree more!

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    What rules are being broken here?? Sounds like he is following the law.
    Didn't you see the part where I said" If it is a TRUE story" he will slip sooner or later. All I meant was he will grow tired of packing it away every time he goes from place to place, and try to skirt the law. For Like the 4th or 5th time I'm calling BS to the OP!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    cybergedeon_dont_feed_trolls.svg

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    The cop was doing his job. What you are doing may technically follow the law, but it is abnormal behavior and much more work than just getting a permit.

I think you were waiting and hoping for a cop to question you for whatever reason. I don't know why some people are fascinated with doing this.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The cop was doing his job. What you are doing may technically follow the law, but it is abnormal behavior and much more work than just getting a permit.

I think you were waiting and hoping for a cop to question you for whatever reason. I don't know why some people are fascinated with doing this.
    Assuming the story is true....

Abnormal behavior because he does not want to get the States permission to exercise a right that the State is infringing upon?

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Yeah, abnormal. Most people who want to carry get a permit, so yes, I'd say it's abnormal (assuming the story is true, as you said.)

Somebody who is passionate about not getting a permit should write their congress-person. I have, but I still have a permit.

Assuming the story is true....

Abnormal behavior because he does not want to get the States permission to exercise a right that the State is infringing upon?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yeah, abnormal. Most people who want to carry get a permit, so yes, I'd say it's abnormal (assuming the story is true, as you said.)

Somebody who is passionate about not getting a permit should write their congress-person. I have, but I still have a permit.
    Just because someone does something different then you and is more passionate about something such as their rights they have to be abnormal?

The lifetime permit was the smartest thing the government did, they couldn't get people to waive their rights fast enough it seems

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The lifetime permit was the smartest thing the government did, they couldn't get people to waive their rights fast enough it seems
    Do you have a permit?

If so, I can assume you'll be shredding it, mailing it back with a letter telling the state you refuse to waive your rights?

If not...good for you for standing up to "The Man".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom