• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    So you have had training, you can rack the slide on your belt if your support hand is unavailable. You can rack it on your boot. Your so fast you can rack it then shoot.

Ever had to do it after being shot?

While somebody is shooting at you?

When the adrenaline is pumping through your body?

This is why I carry chambered!!!

LiveLeak.com - Jewelery Store Shooting in Agra

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if we aren't wearing our Captain Tactical pants or boots?:D

Nice bow and arrow rack. Geez, wonder why the weapon wouldn't load? Why do people do this goofy stuff? Call of Duty?

LEGENw84itDARY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just started carrying, and im carrying currently with out one in the chamber just to get used to it all and if i feel like i do a good job keeping the safe on and such ill switch it over....but if your being that adament about it why keep a thumb safety on it too?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I just started carrying, and im carrying currently with out one in the chamber just to get used to it all and if i feel like i do a good job keeping the safe on and such ill switch it over....but if your being that adament about it why keep a thumb safety on it too?

Thumb safety what the hell is that??

Even when I carried my CZ40B I carried one in the chamber hammer back.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

There are lots of guns that don't even have thumb safeties. Glocks and all revolvers come to mind.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I never got the whole "I don't carry it with one in the chamber" thing. If you have a good holster, and know how to work your firearm (training) then why the heck wouldn't you want one in the pipe? I'm either a 1911 cocked and locked, or S&W 642 with all 5 rounds in the cylinder. :)

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I am going to put this out a bit. It MIGHT explain those that don't carry with one in the chamber. I remember when I first started carrying I didn't carry with one in the chamber. It was more to do with not being totally comfortable with carrying yet. Now I wouldn't put whatever gun I plan on carrying in the holster without one in the chamber and a topped off full mag inserted.

I am of the opinion that an unloaded (IE no roundi n the chamber) is nothing more than a pretty expensive rock/club.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I am going to put this out a bit. It MIGHT explain those that don't carry with one in the chamber. I remember when I first started carrying I didn't carry with one in the chamber. It was more to do with not being totally comfortable with carrying yet. Now I wouldn't put whatever gun I plan on carrying in the holster without one in the chamber and a topped off full mag inserted.

I am of the opinion that an unloaded (IE no roundi n the chamber) is nothing more than a pretty expensive rock/club.

When I first started keeping a home defense weapon at the ready, I didn't keep one in the chamber. When I got my LTCH and started carrying daily, I kept one in the pipe and just left it that way at home too.

If there isn't one in the pipe, you have a blunt object which you can strike someone with if they are really close.

:laugh: +rep

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I haven't been carrying with one in chamber since wearing my belly band, but that's only to test it out and make sure it won't AD on me. I would hesitate to carry one in the chamber in appendix carry, just because you are ALWAYS violating the "never point your gun at something you wouldn't want to destroy" rule. I'm not currently looking to have a sex change.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    One in the chamber is for sissies!

I prefer 2, sometimes 3. :cool:

Yep it takes a "real man" to handle 2 or 3 in the chamber.:gaychase:

but if your being that adament about it why keep a thumb safety on it too?

The only safety you need is your trigger finger.

I carry a G19 most of the time, no external safety. It's just another unnecessary step.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I admit years ago I was worried about carrying with one in the pipe, but not anymore. Seconds count and I want my weapon ready to go immediatley. G27 with one in the chamber EDC.

Quality holster that covers the trigger guard, a brain, and proper handling is all the safety you need.:twocents:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

I remember the day I found out GOW was carrying on an empty chamber... Do you GOW??

Shame on you!!!

He finally saw things my way!!:D

Top Bottom