• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nephesh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    I have kind of a unique situation. I am an employee at my church which also houses a K-12 school. I do work for both the school and the church because the school is owned by the church. Can I carry my firearm on my person since I have a CCP with the state of Indiana?

Also, Is the NO GUNS at schools law for all schools? What about private schools? And what about after school hours? Is it legal then. Just asking because We have church services after school hours, but the school is in the same building as the Church. Thanks

nephesh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Just heard after I posted this that If the school administrator authorized me to carry I could.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just heard after I posted this that If the school administrator authorized me to carry I could.

Basically...yes. If you can be considered "security" for faculty/staff/students as part of your job duties, then you can be authorized.

I highly advise you to talk with your board of directors/bosses/lawyers etc about liability should something happen.

-J-

Jet I

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Definitely get with whoever is in charge. You don't want to lose your job. You also never know when some liberal parent might make an issue out of it even if it doesn't get used. Personally, I would allow it and deem you some sort of "security" if I were in charge just to know everyone was safer.

Top Bottom