• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Just thought I would share this incident that happened the other day. I am an OC kind of guy. Nothing against CC, just prefer OC. Anyway, I was out and about stopping by the gun shops around me the other day and decided to go into BK with the little one to eat some breakfast. Before ordering, the man who was taking my order (actually an Assistant Manager I think) proceeded to ask me if I was a police officer. I stated "No sir." After this, he decided to tell me that I needed to cover my firearm with the jacket I was wearing because it would make people nervous. From what I remember, I don't even believe he asked. It was more that he told me. I have never been put on the spot about this before when I OC so I kind of froze and for a split second I had to decide whether or not to go along with it and cover it in case it "would make people nervous" or tell him to screw off and leave. I decided to cover it just because I did not want to make a scene in front of my little one (she's only two), but I decided after that point that they will no longer receive my business. I'm sure many others have had this experience before, but this was a first for me so thought I would share.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    -1 Burger King.

I'd also call the franchise owner or corporate and find their stance. Maybe the assistant manager needs a little education on company policies/rules if there are any.

TacMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere in Turkey
    I would have left politely and then posted which store it is on here and ask us not to bring our business there any more. And then file a complaint through whatever the burger king management is and tell them your stance on the matter. Kill them with kindness

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So, according to him, if you were an LEO, no uniform nor badge visible, no one would be nervous. But if you were a civilian, everyone will freak out? :dunno:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I thought maybe you were being asked about LEO status because they would give you free lunch. Covering it up because it makes people nervous is silly. So a plain clothes officer doesn't? Must have a halo above their heads or something

The sanitation practices at most fast-food joints makes ME nervous. Maybe they should cover it their mess up, so I will fee better.

McDs is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the trays are wiped with a sanitized wet towel, they don't get washed. Just wiped down and a new paper liner. But hey, I don't eat off the trays like some people do with ketchup and all that.

Tables, chairs, counters, and even the backs of the booths are wiped down regularly with multisurface cleaner and a sanitized towel, with a different towel being used to touch counters, tables, and chairs/booths. If not, it's just bad management. Food prep items are washed and sanitized after each use, and cooking utensils are washed and sanitized every 4 hours. Food prep surfaces are sanitized regularly, 15 min maximum time between, and they are kept HOT. If you have a problem with food safety or cleanliness, let management know... if it is not important enough to bring up, then it's not all that important.

I feel very safe eating at McDs except for the food being bad for you LOL.

I never eat at DQ or Rally's.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Even if its not posted, isn't it at the discretion of the place of business ?

Nobody was denying the fact that it is their choice whether or not to allow OCers inside their restaurant. It's just ridiculous, and being a jerk. Even if HQ has it's own policy, the franchise can still probably allow it by "pretending not to notice" Even if it isn't specifically the franchise policy, a specific manager can still make his own policy for that shift and the customers have to follow it, which is why others suggested to contact the franchise owners.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    So, according to him, if you were an LEO, no uniform nor badge visible, no one would be nervous. But if you were a civilian, everyone will freak out? :dunno:

Yeah, I guess so. That must have been his mentality. I see it more every day and it irks me. More and more people getting nervous, shying away, or even sometimes a little hostile when they see anyone with a firearm. When I notice, I only wonder what kind of gun it is and am happy to see someone else exercising their right as an American.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I'm making you nervous, and you're worried about what I may do.... Why would you confront me? You must not be very worried.

Oh, and I'd have dropped a no gun - no money card.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    The sanitation practices at most fast-food joints makes ME nervous. Maybe they should cover it their mess up, so I will fee better.

^^^This....

Plus, if you would have answered "yes" to the LE question, he would have been ok with it??? Wow. I would have asked to see HIS manager.

Top Bottom