• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would have told him, OK, no problem. Then turned around with the little one in tow and walked over to the competition. No scene required. Lot of BKs going out of buisness these days. So if he's good with one less customer, so be it.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    PRIVATE PROPERTY . . . his property . . . his rules.

That said, if you don't like his rules you may:
    1) complain about it and comply,
    2) vote with your money and go to McD or some other fast food joint,
    3) not comply

Take your choice.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PRIVATE PROPERTY . . . his property . . . his rules.

That said, if you don't like his rules you may:
    1) complain about it and comply,
    2) vote with your money and go to McD or some other fast food joint,
    3) not comply

Take your choice.

It would have been fine to ask him if he was asking the OP to leave if he did not comply, as open carry is allowed in IN.

Basically, "I am carrying in a legal manner, but if you are asking me to leave, and take my business elsewhere I will."

Put the "decision" back in their hands and see what choice they make and then comply.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Idiot: "are you a cop?"

Me: "what do you think?"

Works like a charm, and it's not your fault if they think you're a cop lol

And how funny would that be to have that place filed up with INGO members? Don't think there would be any nervous customers hahaha

Shootsforfun

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just thought I would share this incident that happened the other day. I am an OC kind of guy. Nothing against CC, just prefer OC. Anyway, I was out and about stopping by the gun shops around me the other day and decided to go into BK with the little one to eat some breakfast. Before ordering, the man who was taking my order (actually an Assistant Manager I think) proceeded to ask me if I was a police officer. I stated "No sir." After this, he decided to tell me that I needed to cover my firearm with the jacket I was wearing because it would make people nervous. From what I remember, I don't even believe he asked. It was more that he told me. I have never been put on the spot about this before when I OC so I kind of froze and for a split second I had to decide whether or not to go along with it and cover it in case it "would make people nervous" or tell him to screw off and leave. I decided to cover it just because I did not want to make a scene in front of my little one (she's only two), but I decided after that point that they will no longer receive my business. I'm sure many others have had this experience before, but this was a first for me so thought I would share.

This sounds to me like the BK worker was on some kind of power trip. He probably did not have any say in the matter at all. He was just trying justify his pitifull existance...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    I would never set foot in an establishment if they disallowed legal carry.

moving on...

Think about if you worked all your life to open a franchise, and some little trendy new-ager customer decides they will never set foot in your establishment again because they saw a (completely normal) man with a gun. The loss in business is equal to the franchise owner either way. I think BK was trying to walk the fine line; they covering their bets.

But on second thought, the Assistant Manager probably didn't put any thought into it. Maybe if you keep escalating this issue, you could get somebody to tell their employees to do their job and mind their own business, and we have an excellent police force, and we don't need any citizen spies making the streets more dangerous by covering-up all the good guy's guns while they're at BK:twocents:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Sorts like ....

... R Lee Ermy's restaurant !! LOL
    Idiot: "are you a cop?" Me: "what do you think?" Works like a charm, and it's not your fault if they think you're a cop lol And how funny would that be to have that place filed up with INGO members? Don't think there would be any nervous customers hahaha

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Worthwhile post !!

Keep 'em coming!
    I would never set foot in an establishment if they disallowed legal carry.

moving on...

Think about if you worked all your life to open a franchise, and some little trendy new-ager customer decides they will never set foot in your establishment again because they saw a (completely normal) man with a gun. The loss in business is equal to the franchise owner either way. I think BK was trying to walk the fine line; they covering their bets.

But on second thought, the Assistant Manager probably didn't put any thought into it. Maybe if you keep escalating this issue, you could get somebody to tell their employees to do their job and mind their own business, and we have an excellent police force, and we don't need any citizen spies making the streets more dangerous by covering-up all the good guy's guns while they're at BK:twocents:

Top Bottom