• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I believe on private property it is no different from blatant deliberate tresspass to go where you know full well you are not welcome and make use of some one else's property in manner they oppose for your own purpose. Tresspassers not arrested may be subject to a good beating at property owners discretion.
    WOW, so you don't carry in any Simon malls or Costco or any stores with fine print that says you are not allowed to carry? Those are private property and you would be using their property in a manner they oppose for your own purpose.

If you do carry there, will you take the beating you believe you deserve passively?

No I don't. I don't recall I've ever been to any of those to even notice if they have a sign or not.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ...at property owners discretion.

The "good beating" to which you refer is called "battery", Jack, and it's against the law, no matter how much discretion you think you have. Per IC 35-4-2-1, depending upon the severity of that "good beating" and depending upon whom you inflict it, it might also be a felony offense.

You're entitled under the law to use force, including deadly force, but only if you reasonably believe that that force is necessary to remove the person from your property. Someone merely being armed on your property is not likely to require physical force to accomplish that end.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

People who arm themselves and then would deliberately provoke a property owner are some I'd consider good candidates to be lucky getting off with just a good beating.

The topic is not about "merely being armed on your property" it's about people deliberately deciding they will ignore the property owner and make use of his property as they please and from what I've read pretty darn indignant about it. If they get it, they've got it coming.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I carry anywhere that I can without exposing myself to criminal arrest....i.e. public schools, and local/state courthouses.

Public or private doesn't matter for pre-school, k-12 or daycare.

Court houses are a different matter. Not only is it illegal, but they have metal detectors.

Courthouses are not strictly illegal, it may be against the rules of the court though and you could find yourself hit with contempt of court.

My local courthouse/county building only has metal detectors when court is in session. I open carried there on election day, and was in there quite a while because they had me listed in the wrong district and it took a bit to get straightened out.

No, we don't.

We all do ? :D

Yes we all do, but for some of the people on here, their screen name is the same as their "real life name";)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    People who arm themselves and then would deliberately provoke a property owner are some I'd consider good candidates to be lucky getting off with just a good beating.

The topic is not about "merely being armed on your property" it's about people deliberately deciding they will ignore the property owner and make use of his property as they please and from what I've read pretty darn indignant about it. If they get it, they've got it coming.
    Good luck with that argument in court, Jack. Whether or not someone deserved it does not make them a threat to the owner of the property nor does it make the use of force necessary. If they cannot otherwise be removed (that is, presuming there is reason to believe that force is necessary,) only then may force be used. At least that's how I read the law, though admittedly, I'm no lawyer. Those who are, please speak up if I'm in error or if case law supersedes my reading of the IC.

The use of force should be a last option in this case, IMHO, not only because it is unnecessary but because it is unlawful. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Blessings,
    Bill

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    Not being able to carry in a Simon Mall is news to me. Where/how do you find out if you can/cannot carry in a business if it isnt visibly well posted?

What punishment can be brought against you in a Simon Mall, or other business?

I'm not talking about obivous places where its stated in law: schools, federal property whatever...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not being able to carry in a Simon Mall is news to me. Where/how do you find out if you can/cannot carry in a business if it isnt visibly well posted?

What punishment can be brought against you in a Simon Mall, or other business?

I'm not talking about obivous places where its stated in law: schools, federal property whatever...

Just against Simon Property Group's wishes, Coach, NOT illegal.

-J-

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The Simon mall signs have always puzzled me, too. The only ones I have ever seen were only at the actual outside mall entrances. You literally have to park on their property, walk several yards to the building, enter through certain doors, stop in the doorway, look for a long wordy sign and read most of it, before you are ever given notice that you can't carry on the property in the first place.:n00b:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I can jump on Google and in less than a minute find you probably a dozen examples of someone getting punched in the face and dying as a result.

No matter where I might be, ANY property owner who decides to skip right past the whole "ask me to leave" part and goes straight to the "beat my ***" part, will suffer one of two fates: my bullets in him, or my knife in him.

Whatever happens later happens later. It won't change what happens at that moment, and won't be much consolation to his widowed wife and orphaned children.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't carry @ a school or court house etc. I do carry at all the stores with signs that state "no firearms" (CC) that is.

That's pretty much my philosophy too. Haven't seen too many places with "no guns allowed" signs down here.... Maybe I'm just not looking too hard.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Good luck with that argument in court, Jack. Whether or not someone deserved it does not make them a threat to the owner of the property nor does it make the use of force necessary. If they cannot otherwise be removed (that is, presuming there is reason to believe that force is necessary,) only then may force be used. At least that's how I read the law, though admittedly, I'm no lawyer. Those who are, please speak up if I'm in error or if case law supersedes my reading of the IC.

The use of force should be a last option in this case, IMHO, not only because it is unnecessary but because it is unlawful. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Blessings,
    Bill

Good luck making it to court.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can jump on Google and in less than a minute find you probably a dozen examples of someone getting punched in the face and dying as a result.

No matter where I might be, ANY property owner who decides to skip right past the whole "ask me to leave" part and goes straight to the "beat my ***" part, will suffer one of two fates: my bullets in him, or my knife in him.

Whatever happens later happens later. It won't change what happens at that moment, and won't be much consolation to his widowed wife and orphaned children.

A few suggestion on how to avoid that scenario

1. Know where you are.

2. Learn to read.

3. Stay off where you are not wanted.

4. Stowe that smarmy city bull crap about "signs and the weight of law...", STFU and get off when you are told to get off.

5. Listen to the people who've never had these problems listed in this thread instead of the people who seem to run in to them every where they go.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

1. Know where you are.

2. Learn to read.

4. Stowe that smarmy city bull crap about "signs and the weight of law...", STFU and get off when you are told to get off.

5. Listen to the people who've never had these problems listed in this thread instead of the people who seem to run in to them every where they go.

I'll do what's highlighted in red. But if somebody skips that part entirely and starts wading in on me instead, they won't walk away.

Think about that if you're the kind of person that would beat somebody potentially to death for pissing you off.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    1. Know where you are.
    2. Learn to read.

:rolleyes: This thread is officially "Full of win !" . :):

That is all.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have to admit that some of the posts on this thread scare the hell out of me.

Yes indeed. They don't really scare me but it does make me rethink my feelings and confidence in LTC owners when dealing with ANY armed person. More than a few people that are one punch away from a prison sentence,financial ruin and not to mention some ammo for the gun grabbers and anti carry crowd. They are out there and don't think for a second they are not. And to think some of the same guys whine about being disarmed on a traffic stop or even asked to see their LTC if open carrying. Hmmm wonder why? It is the world we live in I guess. I have no sympathy for someone that shoots a person over a punch or traffic altercation ect. Silly!!:noway:

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom