• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I leave my "everyday carry except from 8-5 on weekdays" in the car. Wish I could keep it with me, but shoulder holsters under a suit coat only work when you have the coat on. I guess and Ankle holster is the way to go.

I peronsally cannot afford to risk my job by ignoring their no firearms policy...but then again risking my life with a wife and kids at home doesn't make any sense...

Maybe on my next resume or interview this will be a must!

In reply to your question...I carry everywhere that is legal...and it should be legal everywhere in my humble opinion.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Since we all go by screen names...

I would like to know who does...and what people think about carrying where they are not "supposed to"...like at work, school zones, court house...etc.

What are our responsibilities as "responsible" gun carriers?

I personally prefer to carry at all times...because I know I can trust myself to act correctly given the situations at hand.

God bless
    -Shred

I believe on private property it is no different from blatant deliberate tresspass to go where you know full well you are not welcome and make use of some one else's property in manner they oppose for your own purpose. Tresspassers not arrested may be subject to a good beating at property owners discretion.

On publicly owned property I believe it is my right to make use of it in the designated manner authorised by all citizen taxpayers.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I believe on private property it is no different from blatant deliberate tresspass to go where you know full well you are not welcome and make use of some one else's property in manner they oppose for your own purpose. Tresspassers not arrested may be subject to a good beating at property owners discretion.

On publicly owned property I believe it is my right to make use of it in the designated manner authorised by all citizen taxpayers.

I suppose I agree with this statement...and I guess being armed doesnt always mean having a gun.
    I didnt mean to stir the pot with this discussion...just looking for a regular tire kicking talk.
    I have no questions about the criminal penalties of carrying in a no carry zone because they are stated as laws...just wanted to discuss the matter.

God bless
    -Shred

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    WOW, so you don't carry in any Simon malls or Costco or any stores with fine print that says you are not allowed to carry? Those are private property and you would be using their property in a manner they oppose for your own purpose.

If you do carry there, will you take the beating you believe you deserve passively?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I didnt mean to stir the pot with this discussion...just looking for a regular tire kicking talk....

Tire kicking talk doesn't normally start like this:

I would like to know who does...and what people think about carrying where they are not "supposed to"...like at work, school zones, court house...etc.

Basically: I'd like to know who's willing to admit to possible criminal activity. Don't worry, your true identity is safe here on the internet.

Not a good conversation starter unless you're just trolling the site for criminals willing to brag about it.

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I carry everywhere except those areas that the law states I cannot. Part of being a responsible gun owner is respecting the laws whether I agree with them or not. If there is a law that I or anyone else feels shouldn't be on the books than you should contact your elected officials, organize other like minded individuals and start a petition, campaign to have the laws changed.
    By breaking the laws we only provide more fodder for the anti-gun establishment so they can say we as gun owners do not respect of follow the law.
    If a property owner doesn't want me to carry on their property then fine I respect any persons rights as a property owner just as much as I respect my 2nd Amendment rights. But that also mean I do not have to frequent any establishment that does not respect my rights. The best way to get a point across any business is to affect their profit margin.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

What are our responsibilities as "responsible" gun carriers?

I personally prefer to carry at all times...because I know I can trust myself to act correctly given the situations at hand.

God bless
    -Shred

As ATM said, this is not a good premise with which to begin. Do not be fooled into thinking anything is anonymous on the internet. Anyone with sufficient resources not only can but WILL track you if they want to. If you are only interested in numbers, you need to do this in some more anonymous way, such as a simple poll.

Of note, INGO does not encourage or promote unlawful behavior.

One thing you have to keep in mind that some areas have a different status legally. For instance, while your workplace may have a "no firearms" policy that you signed in your employee handbook, it isn't illegal to carry on company property.

You can legally carry on school property if you are picking up/dropping off your child and you remain in the car.

Court houses are a different matter. Not only is it illegal, but they have metal detectors.

It's a violation of local ordinance, but I don't think it's a jailable offense. In other words, they'll dig into your wallet if they catch you.

Ps:..I will never enter a college campus unarmed... Too many wacko nut-jobs out there....texas tech anyone...virginia?

High-schools I can understand though...but thats the point of concealment.

God bless
    -Shred

Texas Tech? Refresh my memory... or are you accidentally confusing UT Austin (1966) with VA Tech?

Also, are you saying you understand (and agree with?) the idea of banning guns on HS campuses (and therefore may or may not carry there concealed?)

The "good beating" to which you refer is called "battery", Jack, and it's against the law, no matter how much discretion you think you have. Per IC 35-4-2-1, depending upon the severity of that "good beating" and depending upon whom you inflict it, it might also be a felony offense.

You're entitled under the law to use force, including deadly force, but only if you reasonably believe that that force is necessary to remove the person from your property. Someone merely being armed on your property is not likely to require physical force to accomplish that end.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I strictly follow laws, and do not carry into those places prohibited by law. I follow my employer's policy; jobs are too hard to come by and I like mine. As for business establishments that post signs, I'm really too impatient to stop and look for or read rules when I am entering an establishment. If someone wants to ask me to leave, I'll leave. But, then I only carry concealed so it has never been a problem, and I don't expect it will be.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yeah, no undercover here... It's safe. Go ahead and give out your name anyway dude.

:ugh:

Obey the law=stay out of jail.

This country was built on God, Guns, & Guts. There's two other suggestions in that equation man. I carry where it's legal, and the Big Guy's got my back and I got enough Guts to admit it!
    :patriot:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I have since removed my original postings....
    Didnt mean for this thread to turn out like this...and in addition to my indiscretions...I may have had some help from Mr. George Killian...
    I will Dis-continue my involement hereafter in this current thread.

I fancy myself a compentent, responsible, and ethical person and I think the the original premise was taken out of context.

Please accept my apology.

God bless
    -Shred

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Admittedly, I've carried in a certain place where it's certainly illegal to carry. This place is not located in Indiana. :whistle:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom