• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GarryAlbin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Two with me at all times (where it is legal), some stashed around the house (no kids at home), some buried around the house, ammo too. That does not include the storage container hidden with lots of other necessities.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I decided a long time ago that my EDC is more safe on my person than just about anywhere else I could leave it. With two adults at home (despite my wife's opinion, I AM an adult) and no children - and the cats don't have opposable thumbs - I'm generally armed from the time I get up to the time I go to bed at night. About the only time I OC is when I'm going out to the mailbox.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I decided a long time ago that my EDC is more safe on my person than just about anywhere else I could leave it. With two adults at home (despite my wife's opinion, I AM an adult) and no children - and the cats don't have opposable thumbs - I'm generally armed from the time I get up to the time I go to bed at night. About the only time I OC is when I'm going out to the mailbox.
    Why switch to OC when going to the mailbox? :dunno:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Home is where all of the people & things that I care about the most are typically located.

Question for the OP: Can you think of a better place to always be armed?

I would have to say going any where near Chicago, or the burbs.

That is part of why I asked the question. I was wondering what most people did. I don't have a weapon yet, but plan on getting one as soon as I can.

I should have also added this. I have a young son, almost a four years old, and wanted to know what people in general did around the house with their weapons.

I have the good fortune to have escaped Illinois almost totally, small issue that keeps me there. I didnt have the fortune to grow up around weapons, and sheepdogs. I grew up around the sheep.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Don't go to places where you feel a greater need to be armed...those are un-safe places and you are placing yourselves in harms way. I know you joked about Chicago...that is a place that I no longer visit because it is unsafe and I can't take my firearm.

Carry around your child. Remove the fascination about firearms. Let him see it whenever he wants, let him handle it, touch it, whatever. Teach him the 4 rules right away. Get him the Eddie the Eagle video from the NRA. :twocents:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    EDC gun on the dresser, a loaded .40 in the underwear drawer:n00b: and a 12 ga pump in the closet. And a couple of spydercos here and there (usually one in my pocket).

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    My main carry weapon is always within arms reach at the house if not on my hip. Also I have motion detectors around the perimeter of my home that makes a chime go off in the home if anyone is near, so add the fact that other than my main carry there is a loaded weapon near enough to get to from the time someone sets the motion detector to the time they get inside, I'd say I'm doing alright.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I either have one on my person while at home or it is laying on the desk or in some immediate proximity while I am working on the computer. Like others have said, if i'm dressed...
    otherwise, at night it's an arms throw next to the alarm clock.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    [/COLOR]

I don't usually carry on the body while at home, but I do carry my EDC from room to room with me. My EDC rig is not conducive to the kinds of activities that occur in my home given the participants.[/QUOTE]

You're killing' me... I want to know more about these "activities".

Pics/vids.... Help us out here!!! ;)

Something like this I heard

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ba5186esA[/ame]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't keep guns stashed around my house - I have kids and I've read too many news stories about how that works out.

I carry a gun on my hip whether at home or out. The only time it's NOT there is when I'm in the shower, or in bed. ANY other time I'm carrying.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not uncommon for me to carry a gun in my own house. I carry it to other people's houses so it would make me a hypocrite not to carry in my own. ;)

Carry guns are either on my person or locked in a portable gun safe. Home Defense pistols are locked in a fast open (gun vault) safe. My carry guns differ from my home defense guns. Any gun that is not "in use" for its intended purpose is unloaded and locked in the main safe.

Children are not allowed direct access to the guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I always have one on me at home. That is where the most important things in my life reside, and if I had to defend them, I don't want to have to run for a gun. If you invest in a good holster and belt, you don't notice it there. No reason in the world for me to not carry 24/7. My door does not provide a magic barrier against crime.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I always carry because we are creatures of habit. Why do I have my wallet in my pocket if I'm not going to the store to buy something? So I don't have to think about getting it when I need it.

Top Bottom