• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Not trying to start any type of debate here. I'm trying to figure out the reasons why people carry and get clear up some thoughts I have in my head about home carry or lock it in a safe place at home.

I was wondering if anyone has a weapon on their hip at home or do you keep your weapons in a safe and why?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have it on as long as I am dressed. It goes into the nightstand (safe) when I go to bed. With a little one in the house, it feel it safer to either keep it on me or lock it up.

Interesting fact: 100% of home invasions happen at home.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    On my hip all day after I wake up, in the safe at night for my carry gun. I have a dedicated nightstand gun locked up during the day, and it comes out at night.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't carry at home and the reason is that I keep one of my handguns in the living room in a safe place as well as keeping one in my bedroom. I feel that my family is pretty well covered.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I prefer to be comfortable at home. Unless I'm going outside for whatever reason I leave it off BUT I'm never more than a step or two away from a loaded weapon. I strap up when going anywhere else though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't usually carry on the body while at home, but I do carry my EDC from room to room with me. My EDC rig is not conducive to the kinds of activities that occur in my home given the participants.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I do carry at home, occassionally. If I don't have it on me, it's at least close enough to grab.

I forgot it this morning though and now I'm doing laundry at my parents' house without it. :( Running super late to work and knowing if you leave now you can still make it on time sucks.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't worry about home invasion nearly as much as robberies or mass-killings while I'm out in the world. Nothing leads me to believe that my home is a likely candidate for home invasion while two cars are parked prominently in the driveway on our small cul-de-sac.

That said, I tend to keep it on me while wearing a belt. Many days, this means from 7:30am to about 10pm. It's in the GunVault on my night stand otherwise.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    A gun always within reach at home. Home invasions on the rise, you never know who is going to knock.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......... Nothing leads me to believe that my home is a likely candidate for home invasion while two cars are parked prominently in the driveway on our small cul-de-sac.

My nephew and niece live in a good area.

2 weeks ago, niece comes home at lunch time. Middle of the day.
    Pulls into her driveway, gets out of the car and goes into her house with her young child.
    Goes in through the garage door and closes the door behind her.
    Goes upstairs with the child.
    Hears garage door open. She thought it was my nephew (husband) returning home for lunch.
    They have two dogs but they are gated in the living room - barking.
    She hears cabinets opening and closing.
    She calls down to her husband..... he does not answer.
    She goes downstairs to find the cabinets and drawers open, husband is not there.
    She goes outside and finds the garage door open and her car door ajar, the car that had the garage door opener in it.
    She calls her husband and asks why he left the house.
    Husband never left work that day.

:twocents:

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I carry while at home, usually my compact with my shirt hanging over it. I take care to make sure a round is NOT chambered though. If I set down or in the night stand, I'll have the magazine in with the slide locked back. This shows that both the chamber is cleared, and prevents me from assuming it's chambered if I need it to be and it's not.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    My EDC goes where I go, kinda like a member of the family, if it's not welcome there then neither am I. With that being said I live in a small house and always have one nearby. Since its only me and my fiancé and we have no kids I don't have to worry about little ones getting into anything unless we expect company, then we take nessecary precautions.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I carry at home. If it is not on my person, it is on the end table next to me. It goes on my night stand at night. I don't have the option of having a gun in each room, since I don't own that many. I do always have on within arms reach though.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I don't usually carry on the body while at home, but I do carry my EDC from room to room with me. My EDC rig is not conducive to the kinds of activities that occur in my home given the participants.

You're killing' me... I want to know more about these "activities".

Pics/vids.... Help us out here!!! ;)

Top Bottom