• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Just got back from there last week. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I left my firearm in the car. I've done this twice now. I feel perfectly safe on Disney's property. You see security patrolling the grounds regularly. Plus the resorts, at least Port Orleans is gated for drive-in access. You've got to figure with the technology of Disney, there is probably a camera on you once you walk out of your room at any given time.

Checks at the entrances are mainly if you have any type of bag. There are designated areas /lines for these checks. If you don't have a bag you walk through a different entrance. There were usually two guards at this gate. One on each side. I did see one gentlemen open his jacket and show them his waist. I'm not sure if he did it on his own or they asked him too. I only seen this occur the one time.

Definitely like being armed on the drive down and back though. Some of the sub-humans at the rest areas are a little daunting at times!

Last edited:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    admittedly, I've never been to disney anything, and i'm the last to trust Wikipedia, but I did see on their wiki page that their security guards don't carry, and I found an article where a security guard is challenging their handgun in the parking lot exemption. Anyone have any actual documentation that says they carry guns?

Disney security officer will challenge gun policy at work www.privateofficer.com PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

That article is 3 years old, I wonder war the outcome was..

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    admittedly, I've never been to disney anything, and i'm the last to trust Wikipedia, but I did see on their wiki page that their security guards don't carry, and I found an article where a security guard is challenging their handgun in the parking lot exemption. Anyone have any actual documentation that says they carry guns?

Disney security officer will challenge gun policy at work www.privateofficer.com PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

From what I recall from my 2 trips in '07 and '10, there were police officers(armed) at the entrances to each park and I believe unarmed security walking the park.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Disney doesn't have anything I need ... therefore their "no guns ever" policy means I will not be visiting.

I can't understand why any of you ..... oh, never mind.

r u saying your deprived your child of the experience? That is unamerican, unpatriotic and cruel. I'm calling DCFS on u! :laugh::D;)

u r not thinking of the children!! the children!!! :n00b:

This may help you:

Security

Main article: Disney Safety and Security
    The District does not have a police force, instead allowing Orange County and Osceola County to respond to incidents. The approximately 800 security staff are instead considered employees of the Walt Disney Company. Arrests and citations are issued by the Florida Highway Patrol along with the Orange County and Osceola County sheriffs deputies who patrol the roads. Disney security does maintain a fleet of security vans equipped with flares, traffic cones, and chalk commonly used by police officers. These security personnel are charged with traffic control by the RCID and may only issue personnel violation notices to Disney and RCID employees, not the general public.[2][3] Security vans previously had red flashing lights, but after public scrutiny following the Sipkema case,[4] were changed to amber to fall in line with Florida State Statutes.[5]

Read this for more info on how DISNEY (via it's own shell companies) has complete control of the area is sits own in the eyes of the state of FL.

Reedy Creek Improvement District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    and eat... but I often times go to other resorts other than the one I am staying at for food. Disney has a lot of incredible restaurants, many of them are in the resorts.
    Have you ever had the bread pudding at Ohana? I was really not very excited when I saw that bread pudding was the only dessert they had, but I'll tell ya, it is probably about the best thing I've ever ate!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    OP not sure what age your kid are or if you are going 4 u and the spouse. But Dinsey has a ton to offer other than just the parks.
    My youngest one is 12, oldest 17. We have taken them before, but this is the first time I'll be driving there. And yes, there is no end to the things you can do there. :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My youngest one is 12, oldest 17. We have taken them before, but this is the first time I'll be driving there. And yes, there is no end to the things you can do there. :yesway:

So while on topic & I'm sure it is covered somewhere on INGO.
    But having just the IN LTCH you are OK going from IN - > KY -> TN -> GA -> FL. RIght?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I know my mini griptillian will make it through a metal detector while
    clipped to the inside of my jeans along my midline by my belly button.

I mean .......... it possibly could.

;)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    r u saying your deprived your child of the experience? That is unamerican, unpatriotic and cruel. I'm calling DCFS on u! :laugh::D;)

u r not thinking of the children!! the children!!! :n00b: ....

The legacy I hope to leave for my children is a lot better than anything Disney has to offer.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The last time we were at Disney, me and the Mrs. had a debate about wether Goofy was a dog or a horse, we were eating at one of the places that has the characters walking around bugging you while you eat, and one character happened to be Goofy. I asked our very foreign waiter if Goofy was a horse or dog, and the dude got this really puzzled look and said "it is a man with a costume"! We all laughed our asses off, and the waiter never really did seem to get what I was talking about.:laugh:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The last time we were at Disney, me and the Mrs. had a debate about wether Goofy was a dog or a horse, we were eating at one of the places that has the characters walking around bugging you while you eat, and one character happened to be Goofy. I asked our very foreign waiter if Goofy was a horse or dog, and the dude got this really puzzled look and said "it is a man with a costume"! We all laughed our asses off, and the waiter never really did seem to get what I was talking about.:laugh:

I think goofy is a dog:dunno:

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    You don't need to carry at Disney. I took the wife and kids there 2 times in the past couple years. They have the power rangers there to protect you.

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    We saw them at Disneys hollywood Studios. One of the 4 (I believe) Disney parks in Orlando.

(You may need a gun when you buy tickets to the park cause you will feel like someone is raping you!!!!)

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I just ordered a thing of OC for my upcoming trip. I'm sure their stupid rules prohibit that too, but it is probably unlikely to get you permanently ejected from the park. If caught you can just give it to them and tell them where to put it.

I will also have my usual Surefire C2, Schrade pen, and Spyderco Delica... again, nothing they will kick you out for.

Combined I think that gives me plenty of self defense options, although I doubt they will be necessary. In fact, the OC is probably more helpful than the pistol while in the parks. The only places I have any real concern over are the bus stops at night and downtown disney.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Been there more times than I can count in the last 10 years. There are no metal detectors and they only check bags and fanny packs. If you are deep concealed, then they will never know. That being said, it is about the only place in earth where I can legally carry that I do not feel I need to. The place is like Fort Knox, the security is tight, and they do have the capabilities to respond quickly to a bad situation. If some ******* pulls a knife or gun, I would rather the liability be on them to take him down and heaven forbid if they miss a shot and hit some three year old girl in a Cinderella dress. I would not want the responsibility of pulling the trigger in that crowd...

Top Bottom