• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Even though the whole club/party scene has never really been our cup of tea, my wifes friend wanted to take us out to broad ripple. I had never been and had no idea what to expect. As I often do I was carrying my G19 IWB under my shirt. We drove, parked on the street, and walked to the clubs. The first club we got to was Peppers (or Pepper's? I don't really know).

While we were waiting in line to get in, my wife (who knows and supports that I carry, but doesn't do it herself yet) and I notice that the guy in front of us is getting patted down for weapons. It didn't seem like he did anything to arouse suspicion, so we correctly assumed that they patted every guy down. I say guy because they didn't pat any of a number of girls in line. Maybe because they were all wearing tighter clothes than men would, and their guns would be in their purse anyway haha. It was a pretty superficial pat down, but it probably would have detected my G19 at 3 o'clock. My wife and I make eye contact and she says "hey a.bentonab didn't you leave something in your car?" "O yeah sure did be right back." I know the rules vs. laws and am pretty versed in the IN handgun legislation. Nevertheless, to avoid an awkward situation, I took my CCW back to the car.

I got back and sure enough get patted down just like every guy I can see. Mind you my pockets were still packed full of stuff, with cell phones and keys of myself, my wife, and her friend, flashlight, wallet, and leatherman. He gets to my bulging pockets and just looks at me. "Man I've got all kinds of stuff in my pockets." OK and he lets me right in. :rolleyes:

This club was full of security guards walking through. I don't really think I want to go back to a place that feels like it needs so much security.

We ended up going to a number of different bars, never got patted down again but did notice most if not all had their rules outside which stated no firearms. Again, I know it's legal in IN but this is just for full disclosure.

We get to talking about it later, and the wife told her friend while I was gone what I was doing. She didn't seem too upset about it, but said to "never bring a gun down here." Right. Turns out her ex boyfriend is in jail for shooting someone in Chicago, so I'm sure her exposure to firearms has been less than positive.

I told my wife that even though they were patting people down, I don't believe that there were no guns in there. Mostly just curious, she asked "well how would you get it past security?" They pretty much just checked hips, so any of a number of ways would have worked. Ankle, small of back, purse, thunderwear, etc. I don't think we will go back to Peppers.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    When I go to clubs the pistol goes in the small of my back. Security guards don't want to touch your butt to check for weapons.

There's nothing illegal about carrying guns in bars in Indiana. How ever up until recently it was illegal to have a handgun in Chicago.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Sounds like a perfect time to hand out a "No Gun = No Money" card.

Not that I would. I either figure out a way in or don't go at all. I've got better things to do than stand in line for 20 minutes to not get into a bar I didn't want to go to in the first place. blegh.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Broad ripple is a toss up for me whether or not I carry. I don't see it as a big deal if they wont allow guns, but I would never go to peppers anyway. That place is a joke.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The thugs know that guns are not allowed in many places in Broad Ripple, that's why so many of them work the area for the easy pickins. I don't go to the bars but I always carry in Broad Ripple.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Havent been to Brip in awhile but when I do go I stay out of the clubs like Vogue,Peppers, Rock Lobster etc. I stick to the pubs like chumleys for they dont pat you down upon entering. With all of the muggings in Brip over the past year it seems majority of them took place in the alleys and roads off of the strip. So when I do go I try to do my best to park in well lit areas. If it means paying a few bucks thats what Ill do.

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ya theres been way to much late night crime for me to really want to not carry, granted i dont get drunk, more of a social thing. Depending on where u park, or if u walk on the monon iv heard a few stories where i would like to be carrying.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Because theres boobies in the bars.....you are old.:D

:dunno:

boobies.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter