• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Thank you, we'll handle it from here. I suggest that the two of you step back and find other threads, or place each other on your respective ignore lists before another argument breaks out.

Thanks!

ummmm NO....in no way was i arguing with anyone just making a statement, against his name calling....and if this is how we will be censored just return my support money and i will find another forum.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    ummmm NO....in no way was i argueing with anyone just making a statement, against his name calling....and if this is how we will be censored just return my support money and i will find another forum.
    agree, not arguing or fighting just debating

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    ummmm NO....in no way was i argueing with anyone just making a statement, against his name calling....and if this is how we will be censored just return my support money and i will find another forum.
    This Forum deserves to keep your support money to recompense them for the damage you, and the OP, have done to it's reputation by flagrantly supporting a criminal act.
    :twocents:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    This Forum deserves to keep your support money to recompense them for the damage you, and the OP, have done to it's reputation by flagrantly supporting a criminal act.
    :twocents:

My hat's off to you Mike.....you must be a fine outstanding citizen....that you have never broken the law....I mean how do you go thru life without ever making a bad choice or decision....hell, i had broken at least 2-3 laws before I made it to 18.....It must be a big weight to carry on your shoulders to be such a fine role model, for us all!

oh....and just because I have not scolded or neg. rep'd him....does not me i supported him in any way.....taking up for him when a member calls him a moron, is not supporting. It's reminding the poster that the behaviour of name calling is not tolerated!

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    So you CC so that you wouldn't be caught and then talk about it openly. Why? In a better world that would be perfectly fine, but in the meantime Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry. If their laws mean nothing to you, does Indiana's carry any weight? If you answer differently, can you please clarify why?

If you will be going to Ohio periodically, you should really look into getting a Utah or Florida nonresident permit and then read up on Ohio's laws.

You know, TECHNICALLY, under the 2nd Amendment he should be allowed to carry... JUST SAYIN...

The plain truth is that are are many "laws" that just shouldn't be "laws". The problem being that system is set up so that the government can pass just about any law they want and enforce it. The citizen has only a few choices:

1. Break the law and hope they aren't caught.

2. Break the law and if they are caught hope they either have enough money to fight it or find an organization wiling to do so on their behalf.

3. Obey the law, no matter how unconstitutional it may be and hope someone else has the money or connections to fight it.

4. Obey the law and just not care about it at all.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    My hat's off to you Mike.....you must be a fine outstanding citizen....that you have never broken the law....I mean how do you go thru life without ever making a bad choice or decision....hell, i had broken at least 2-3 laws before I made it to 18.....It must be a big weight to carry on your shoulders to be such a fine role model, for us all!
    Not saying I was perfect. ;)
    Just saying I sure as Hell wouldn't go on a Public Forum, that can be read by ANYONE on the planet with Internet service, and BRAG about it like a little kid who got away with stealing the neighbor ladies prize roses. :n00b:
    I know growing up is hard but some people just need to buckle down and DO IT!!!

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    You know, I wonder how many people who are grumbling about him "breaking the law" would be singing a different tune if we were reading an article about an Indiana resident with a LTCH had gone to Cincinnati, and being the great law abiding citizen he was, left his gun in Indiana. Problem being that while he was in Cincinnati he was shot and killed at a gas station by a criminal while he was defenseless.

I wonder then how many people's tune would change from "he's breaking the law" to numerous versions of the statement:

"I'd rather be Judged by 12 than carried by 6"...

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Just saying I sure as Hell wouldn't go on a Public Forum, that can be read by ANYONE on the planet with Internet service, and BRAG about it like a little kid who got away with stealing the neighbor ladies prize roses. :n00b:

This is a good point.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton

We agree!!!!! But I just can not bring myself to bash him for breaking the law...when I do it daily, by not wearing a seatbelt or what ever......You know the old saying....People in glass houses, should not throw stones....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You know, I wonder how many people who are grumbling about him "breaking the law" would be singing a different tune if we were reading an article about an Indiana resident with a LTCH had gone to Cincinnati, and being the great law abiding citizen he was, left his gun in Indiana. Problem being that while he was in Cincinnati he was shot and killed at a gas station by a criminal while he was defenseless.

I wonder then how many people's tune would change from "he's breaking the law" to numerous versions of the statement:

Well, that is the chance you take. Like I said, do not put yourself in an unreasonable situation if need not to. If you want to Illegally carry, then it's all on you for any actions that occur. If I had it my way. You could carry in any State, and you would not need any type of lisence or permit. I do not write the laws though. All I can do is voice my opinion to the Government and hope others do the same.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Just because somebody is a "criminal" doesnt make them a bad person. Criminal meaning somebody who commits crimes, or somebody who does not follow all of the nanny state laws that they dont believe in.

Some laws are ok to break in my opinion.
    Awful, I'm new to this forum and have hesitated to get into this argument because I don't really feel like I've "earned it" yet, but I just couldn't take it anymore after I read this statement. "Criminals" are bad people. Not everybody who breaks a law is a criminal; I don't consider someone who has an expired driver's license or changes lanes without a turn signal (and I really would have been mad if that had been a ticket instead of a warning ;0 ) a criminal. If you break a law, so be it, but don't brag about it on a public forum. There are parts of this country that have already lost their 2A rights; you wouldn't want to see that visited on Indiana, would you? Please reconsider making any similar future activities public.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Awful, I'm new to this forum and have hesitated to get into this argument because I don't really feel like I've "earned it" yet, but I just couldn't take it anymore after I read this statement. "Criminals" are bad people. Not everybody who breaks a law is a criminal; I don't consider someone who has an expired driver's license or changes lanes without a turn signal (and I really would have been mad if that had been a ticket instead of a warning ;0 ) a criminal. If you break a law, so be it, but don't brag about it on a public forum. There are parts of this country that have already lost their 2A rights; you wouldn't want to see that visited on Indiana, would you? Please reconsider making any similar future activities public.[/QUOTE]

Well said!

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Id rep if I could. I honestly dont see what the big deal is. Yeah I broke the law, everybody breaks the law, its a fact of life. Ever gone over 1 mph over the speed limit? You broke the law.

I may have technically done something "illegal", but what is the big deal? Who did it affect besides me when I chose to carry a gun without an OH license? Absolutely nobody, so why is it a big deal?

I bet most of you listen to some music artist who "brags" about using drugs or doing something that is technically illegal.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Id rep if I could. I honestly dont see what the big deal is. Yeah I broke the law, everybody breaks the law, its a fact of life. Ever gone over 1 mph over the speed limit? You broke the law.

I may have technically done something "illegal", but what is the big deal? Who did it affect besides me when I chose to carry a gun without an OH license? Absolutely nobody, so why is it a big deal?

I bet most of you listen to some music artist who "brags" about using drugs or doing something that is technically illegal.

the big deal is that we are a group of individuals that are mostly looked down upon by the sheeple. The sheeple do not like gun owners. Its not that any of us actually care you carried a gun to ohio, none of us see a problem with that. what we see as a problem is that your are extremely vocal and are bragging about breaking the law. You are not painting gun owners in good light. We dont need people seeing us as rebellious law breakers who have no respect. Its simple, continue carrying into ohio all you want, you are the one who will have to deal with the consequences if you get caught. But do not broadcast to everyone you are breaking the law, because all you are doing is helping anti gun peoples ideas that we are law breakers

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the big deal is that we are a group of individuals that are mostly looked down upon by the sheeple. The sheeple do not like gun owners. Its not that any of us actually care you carried a gun to ohio, none of us see a problem with that. what we see as a problem is that your are extremely vocal and are bragging about breaking the law. You are not painting gun owners in good light. We dont need people seeing us as rebellious law breakers who have no respect. Its simple, continue carrying into ohio all you want, you are the one who will have to deal with the consequences if you get caught. But do not broadcast to everyone you are breaking the law, because all you are doing is helping anti gun peoples ideas that we are law breakers

I dont care what other people think. Many people on here open carry which scares the sheeple, but they do it anyway. Other then the legality of it, how is that any different?

You go on worrying about how other people think of you, have fun with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom