This :starwars: is still giong on....when are we going to get to

end.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is one of those victimless crimes. Could have become more but the facts as stated say it didn't.

Who cares as long as IF he's busted and they take the firearm and he gets a criminal rap, he is willing to accept the consequences. Of course if he would have drawn and shot while carrying illegally that would be an interesting scenario.

Wonder what would happen legally if the shooting was justified but carrying the gun was an illegal act?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    This is one of those victimless crimes. Could have become more but the facts as stated say it didn't.

Who cares as long as IF he's busted and they take the firearm and he gets a criminal rap, he is willing to accept the consequences. Of course if he would have drawn and shot while carrying illegally that would be an interesting scenario.

Wonder what would happen legally if the shooting was justified but carrying the gun was an illegal act?

I doubt a jury would convict on anything but the weapons charge........as it has been said many times before....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

this happened not too long ago in a walgreen's in another state. the police arrested the good guy because he didn't have a CC permit.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Let me guess beings this name calling is in favor of the masses....there will be no infraction handed out.

We don't infract people for it any more. People who can't control themselves are shown the door.

Consider this fair warning.

:mods:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I doubt a jury would convict on anything but the weapons charge........as it has been said many times before....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!!

So, it's ok to break laws and give responsible gun owners a bad name? I may not agree with a lot of laws, but I still follow them. If I have learned one thing in my life, it's this. Do not put yourself into a unreasonable situation. The OP clearly knew what he was doing, Illegal or not, there is no excuse.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    fixed for clarification

allegedly broke the law.

i remember reading that the good guy claims he was open carrying, as he was in a state that did not require a permit to OC. Regardless, officer and DA discretion still exists.

It's kinda like speeding to the hospital because your kid is bleeding to death. Sure, you CAN ticket me. But you don't have to.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    So, it's ok to break laws and give responsible gun owners a bad name? I may not agree with a lot of laws, but I still follow them. If I have learned one thing in my life, it's this. Do not put yourself into a unreasonable situation. The OP clearly knew what he was doing, Illegal or not, there is no excuse.

Did you read anywhere.....That I said it was alright?? I am not agreeing with the OP but, not going to jump on him for his decisions.....or call names!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Did you read anywhere.....That I said it was alright?? I am not agreeing with the OP but, not going to jump on him for his decisions.....or call names!

LOL, he blatantly broke the law, then announces it on a public forum. Hell, I guess everyone should do the same thing then? I call it how I see it.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    keep calling it like you see it....it may get banned!!:rockwoot:

why would he get banned? The guy broke the law and then bragged about it, if anyone should get banned its him and his supporters. it must look great for a gun site when their members are supporting a guy with no respect for the law.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thank you, we'll handle it from here. I suggest that the two of you step back and find other threads, or place each other on your respective ignore lists before another argument breaks out.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom