• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Well i finally got my LTCH today so i figured i might as well use it. Me and my family went down to Indy for a play a Beef & Boards. I carried my G19 at the 1-2 oclock position. I drive 2 hours down there, sat at the play for 2 hours and a 2 hour drive home with it in the whole time. I was using a Galco Stow and Go IWB holster. I thought it was very comfortable driving with it and sitting with it. I have no complaints at all! I didnt tell my family i had the gun on me until we got home and they had no idea. I think my first carry went really well.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Did you notice a difference with your situational awareness? I mean, did you notice you paid more attention to people coming into close contact with you and your family members? Also, while on the streets of Indianapolis, did you take into account how you would access your weapon if the need arose? That is, did you wear layers over your holster with a long coat or a short jacket? I'm just interested in those somewhat minor details, which can save precious time when quickness is of the essence.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    it feels really great!!! im thinking about OCing to walmart today just cause i can lol. imagine the looks on the old peoples faces when they see a 19yr old carrying. yes i got my lifetime :)

but yes i did notice how my situational awareness rose while concealing. i never let anybody near my front right side. we stopped at a shady gas station on the way there and i was going through situations in my head about if the BG came in here i would move there and draw. i had 3 or 4 differant situations. also when i was walking out to get the car after the play (my family was standing up by the doors waiting) i saw a hotel and i started going through situations again lol. id hide behind that certain car if the was a BG there or there. btw i wear a soft tshirt under a sweatshirt. no print or anything

it was a great time and always being aware is a great feeling

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    it feels really great!!! im thinking about OCing to walmart today just cause i can lol. imagine the looks on the old peoples faces when they see a 19yr old carrying. yes i got my lifetime :)

Just remember that a LTCH is a privilage for which you have qualified for and not a Right. The less the " Old Peoples" know your carrying, the better off you'll be. Walmart is a private business and as such they have the right to ask you to cover the firearm or leave the store. Think about the main reason you are carrying this firearm, It should be in " Defense of your life or the life of another Human". Many Old Peoples don't appriciate that fact until after the SHTF. You need to pick, the time and the place to OC, and in my opinion Wally World is not one of them.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Congrats on your 1st time carrying. When I started I was a little nervous, & now if I leave the house without my weapon, I feel naked. Always be aware of your surroundings, & make sure you are ready to use your gun when the time arises. :)

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I carried at Beef-N-Boards as well before. I realized that I had much more reach than the sword King Richard was carrying, and his shield didn't appear to be Kevlar or have any plates in it. The chain-mail would require me to go for a head shot to take him out. As long as I could take out Merlin before he cast a spell on me I was going to be OK. All the maidens would be mine !!!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Welcome to the world of increased situational awareness or panic/paranoia.

Thats how it works... either you have your gun on you and your situational awareness increases, OR you don't have your gun with you and you have become so accustomed to having it, you find yourself in almost a state of panic/parnoia as if you have just left for a long road trip and realized halfway through you forgot your watch, cell phone, credit cards, and spare tire.

Just know that when you have started doing it 100% of the time, once you have to go without, you are going to feel that way :-)

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Just remember that a LTCH is a privilage for which you have qualified for and not a Right. The less the " Old Peoples" know your carrying, the better off you'll be. Walmart is a private business and as such they have the right to ask you to cover the firearm or leave the store. Think about the main reason you are carrying this firearm, It should be in " Defense of your life or the life of another Human". Many Old Peoples don't appriciate that fact until after the SHTF. You need to pick, the time and the place to OC, and in my opinion Wally World is not one of them.

very true! thanks for getting my head on straight lol

I carried at Beef-N-Boards as well before. I realized that I had much more reach than the sword King Richard was carrying, and his shield didn't appear to be Kevlar or have any plates in it. The chain-mail would require me to go for a head shot to take him out. As long as I could take out Merlin before he cast a spell on me I was going to be OK. All the maidens would be mine !!!

hahahaha this made me laugh :laugh: i saw the Spelling Bee. it was actually really good. my cousin was the nerd in it haha

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    ...now if I leave the house without my weapon, I feel naked.
    I'll have to admit that one time I forgot and left my CCW piece at home, I used it as an excuse to go to a gun shop near work, and buy another handgun... :rolleyes:

...well I couldn't drive all the way home without one...!
    :draw:

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville

Gonna have to disagree with that one. Indiana is a SHALL ISSUE state because it is our RIGHT to carry.

Indiana Constitution
    Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

What the old people at Wal-Mart think does not matter when it comes to your RIGHTS.

As for picking the "right time and place" to OC... Wal-Mart is the least likely place that doing that would cause problems.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Situational awareness is something you should be doing regardless if you are carrying or not. You always need an exit strategy. You always need to identify threats, hazzards, and draw or strike judgement.

Nothing ruins your day more than making a mistake.

Here is a story I would like to share with you.

I'm from NYC, in NYC it's customary to ride the train. After september 11th, the tension was high, and prejudice and rascism were high, especially against the Arabic/Muslim community. Basically, anyone who looked like them, were 'threats'.

I'm sitting on the 4 train, going southbound to Manhattan from the Bronx. It's the middle of the summer (2002). At the 161st street stop in the Bronx. A middle eastern fellow enters the train with a trench coat and pants, looking really suspicious. He sits down right next to me. Sweating, and looking at a pager. WHO USES A PAGER ANYMORE? Kids had cellphones by then. He keeps looking at his pager, and pulls out a camera.

I'm a photographer, and you dont need to be a photographer to know that you don't open the back of the camera and expose the film to light. He kept opening it, looking at his pager, sweating in his trench coat, looking around, acting extreamely suspicious.

Between stops (138th street and 125th street), I already labeled him as a threat. I decided to take action and I was going to take him out in the next station. The doors were about to open, and he sprung up and left.

Was he a terrorist? Who knows, maybe. Would I have been on high alert if it were another race? I'm not sure. What if he wasn't a terrorist and I would have attacked him?

When carrying a firearm, every situation is not resolved by pulling the weapon out. Your mentality has to be, "This is the last resort."

I know exactly the feeling you have right now. The confidence only a firearm can produce. I recommend you take a practical shooting class. There is also a range about three hours from Indy that does practical shooting every Thursday nights. It's only 5 bucks to get in. I plan on going as soon as I get my gun. Also, get out and shoot as much as you can. Stress on the field lowers your accuracy, but if it's high to begin with, your worst day, isn't so bad.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Take him off the train, or "take him out".

Out as in finished. He would have never known what hit him. But that's the point I'm trying to make. I would have made either a grave error, or been a hero.

What if he was a terrorist and had a bomb strapped to him? I would be responsible for the deaths of everone on that train including my own.

What if he was just a normal guy, dressed too warm for the weather? Would I have been exempt from manslaughter due to the circumstances?

In a way, I'm glad he got off the train therefore becomming someone else's problem. Am I a coward for thinking that way?

Top Bottom