• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    No, you would have been guilty of murder. We can't attack people just because they look suspicious.

My point exactly, but tell that to a 19-22 year old. lol.

But on the same note, the authorities can search my property without warrant, hold me without bail or charges indefinately, under the suspicion that I'm a terrorist. Maybe this isn't the correct place for this debate, but you get what I'm trying to say.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    yea i understood your story and thanks for sharing it. i would never shoot an unarmed man haha. im sure of that. i know that pulling out your firearm is always last resort. im mature for my age and ive been reading about it for a few years not. im not saying that im perfect by anymeans. the more i carry the better ill get.

im just happy to have my license. btw went to walmart and concealed and it went just as planned lol

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...btw went to walmart and concealed and it went just as planned lol

Good deal, but don't let a few naysayers keep you from open carrying if you feel like it.

Let your situation and personal choice, not others' fears or opinions, dictate how you exercise your right to keep and bear arms. :yesway:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't open carry because I don't want to bring undue attention to myself or paint me out as a target to potential bad guys. My two cents and I agree with the others here that this is a personal choice. Best of luck in your decisions! :patriot:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My point exactly, but tell that to a 19-22 year old. lol.

But on the same note, the authorities can search my property without warrant, hold me without bail or charges indefinately, under the suspicion that I'm a terrorist. Maybe this isn't the correct place for this debate, but you get what I'm trying to say.

There is a large leap from being denied some of your rights vs excecution out of suspision.

Nothing wrong with being suspicious, especially if someone fits the profile and is acting out of the ordinary...but best to prepare to REact to anything that may happen. I suggest you read and think about the responsibility of carrying much more.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    There is a large leap from being denied some of your rights vs excecution out of suspision.

Nothing wrong with being suspicious, especially if someone fits the profile and is acting out of the ordinary...but best to prepare to REact to anything that may happen. I suggest you read and think about the responsibility of carrying much more.

You think that I will shoot a person because they look suspicious? This was in NYC, the summer right after the twin towers were destroyed, ten years ago. I had just gotten my second blackbelt, and was undefeat in men's full contact blackbelt fighting. My confidence was high, just like the OP's confidence after carrying for the first time.

You missed the entire point of the post. It was to demonstrate what an error in judgement could cause. The advice I wanted to pass down was to use the firearm as a last resort only. Not to pull out and pop shots every oportunity he gets.

I hope that cleared it up for you.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Gonna have to disagree with that one. Indiana is a SHALL ISSUE state because it is our RIGHT to carry.

Indiana Constitution

What the old people at Wal-Mart think does not matter when it comes to your RIGHTS.

As for picking the "right time and place" to OC... Wal-Mart is the least likely place that doing that would cause problems.

It is also the States right to repeal your LTCH at anytime.The Indiana Constitution does not protect that. I'm just say'in that because you have a LTCH use it wisely. We may live in a harsh society, where we need to protect ourselves from the radical idiots, but this is not Tombstone Arizona in 1860.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is also the States right to repeal your LTCH at anytime.The Indiana Constitution does not protect that.

Actually, they need a reason to show that you are no longer a "proper person" as defined by Indiana code. They can't just decide you don't deserve one any more.

...but this is not Tombstone Arizona in 1860.

True. Back then, the "good guys" carried openly. Only a coward or a criminal would have considered concealing. ;)

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    wow this is kinda getting out of hand lol. i didnt want a whole lot of debating going on. just an insightful thread i thought. no need to argue over stuff

Sorry. I love to argue over stuff. :):

I'll try to save it for the hundred other actual CC vs. OC threads...

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Just remember that a LTCH is a privilage for which you have qualified for and not a Right. The less the " Old Peoples" know your carrying, the better off you'll be. Walmart is a private business and as such they have the right to ask you to cover the firearm or leave the store. Think about the main reason you are carrying this firearm, It should be in " Defense of your life or the life of another Human". Many Old Peoples don't appriciate that fact until after the SHTF. You need to pick, the time and the place to OC, and in my opinion Wally World is not one of them.

I've OC'ed at the Wal-Marts in Ft. Wayne, the one in Columbia City, Greenwood, Brownsburg, and Avon. I've NEVER had a problem at any of them. Actually I've never had a problem OC'ing anywhere. If the OP feels comfortable making Wal-Mart his first OC place, so be it. We all had to start somewhere.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Walmart's company policy is to respect the laws of the state they do business in, so as far as Indiana is concerned that means you can OC there, don't worry about what the "old people" think, carry the way that makes you comfortable, congrats on your LTCH

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    wow this is kinda getting out of hand lol. i didnt want a whole lot of debating going on. just an insightful thread i thought. no need to argue over stuff

That will always happen, but don't let it get to you. :D

Anyway, just as long as you are responsible, don't let your age be a concern. Just know that all of us have to have the sense we were born with to use or refrain from using a gun if the situation does not dictate the action. You can OC or CC and it's nobody's business but yours, but let it be your decision.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Sorry to the OP.

I was just annoyed by the whole "old people are gonna get offended and you will lose your privilege to carry" scare tactics to prevent you from OCing.

I honestly don't care how others carry. I prefer CC because I don't want to deal with people possibly confronting me about it. If you want to OC at Wally World, by all means please do. That is about the most gun friendly retail establishment in the world. Heck, even GUN STORES are more unfriendly than them. I can think of no better place for you to test the waters to decide which method you prefer.

Again, welcome to carrying. Make sure you aren't forgetting your spare mag, folding knife, and flashlight. If you haven't already, take a good defensive pistol course. I highly recommend the Introduction to Defensive Pistol class offered by the Boone Co. Sheriff in Lebanon. Dirt cheap for a 2 day class. Almost worth the money just to see such a pro-gun LEO and politician in real life.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry to the OP.

I was just annoyed by the whole "old people are gonna get offended and you will lose your privilege to carry" scare tactics to prevent you from OCing.

I honestly don't care how others carry. I prefer CC because I don't want to deal with people possibly confronting me about it. If you want to OC at Wally World, by all means please do. That is about the most gun friendly retail establishment in the world. Heck, even GUN STORES are more unfriendly than them. I can think of no better place for you to test the waters to decide which method you prefer.

Again, welcome to carrying. Make sure you aren't forgetting your spare mag, folding knife, and flashlight. If you haven't already, take a good defensive pistol course. I highly recommend the Introduction to Defensive Pistol class offered by the Boone Co. Sheriff in Lebanon. Dirt cheap for a 2 day class. Almost worth the money just to see such a pro-gun LEO and politician in real life.

I looked up that course and only found info regarding previous years. Do you have info or a place to watch regarding courses this year?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    thanks a lot guys. i appreciate the cooperation.

i think ill let Wally World take my Vcard to OC'ing.

as far as that defensive class..do you have any details about it? id be more then happy to take a defensive pistol class. i kinda look forward to it

right now i dont have a good pocket knife or flashlight. im broke and in college haha. but since ill be away in about a week and wont be able to have my gun on me (sad i know :() ill be saving some money from all the shooting i do. i will be buying ammo when its on sale but thats about it. so maybe while im at school ill save up for a good folding pocket knife.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    2011 Intro to Defensive Pistol schedule:

Introduction to Defensive Pistol 2011 Schedule

Other training options from the Boone Co. Sheriff:

Training Announcements

Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds 2011
    Tarani Active Handgun Counter-Measures Course 2011