• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well somebody else on this board called it right. High capacity mags are evil and we need another assault weapons ban. Hunters and people defending their homes don't need all those evil bullets.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    How about they reduce the gun control so the next time someone decides to start shooting some citizen near him can easily and quickly return fire.

Or enact stricter gun control so when the shooter goes looking for a gun at a gun store he won't be able to get it because gun control prevents criminals from getting firearms.

If someone opens fire on a crowd near me you better believe I'm returning fire.

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    "no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant."
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is right from the politico story.
    What do they mean by "stockpiles of ammunition", What is a stockpile? Is it a few hundred, a few thousand or million?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, plans to introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

^^^ this is scary! Freedom of speech regulated by congress and their ability to determine whats a threat and whats not. no thank you!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, plans to introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

That makes me feel sick. I know they threw out 90% of the constitution already, but freedom of speech applies to not just the good stuff but also the bad. First its you can't say something that COULD BE SEEN as a threat, tomorrow you can't criticize...

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Great just what we need. One person out of how many millions and millions of people goes off and does something and the only thing they can think to do is punish us lawful people. When will they finally get it.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

^^^ this is scary! Freedom of speech regulated by congress and their ability to determine whats a threat and whats not. no thank you!

This.

Wanna fly a Gadsden flag on your front lawn? Sorry, that looks like it could maybe be a threat. Have fun in prison. Dont like a senator and make a comment about how they should be removed from office? Hide your dogs, the feds are kicking in your front door.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    "Shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy (D-NY) sees her chance.

Dick Durbin (D-IL): "He had clips with him with ninety different bullets in them." :n00b:

Next we'll be hearing about those "high powered automatic assault banana clips".

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    This is the craziest thing I have read...

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

Hmmm I dont know about everyone else on here, but when we went to the range last weekend, we went thru around 5K .22 rounds, and I know we went thru 4051 rounds of .223 that I personally handloaded on a old single stage press... does this woman really believe that I shouldnt be able to buy or produce my own ammunition? If I didnt stockpile .22's like crazy then when we go to the range we may have to curtail our fun. The guy that works at the gun counter at the local Wally world asks me every time I go in and buy 3 of the 550 bulk packs if I am preparing for WW3, all I say is the Boy Scout Motto, "Be Prepared"

Oh and if someone has a Dillon 550 they would like to sell relatively cheap with all the taps and dies for .223 please let me know. My kids Christmas took up my gun and Dillon press fund... But we do now have a brand new iMac i7 27" which I have to say is pretty darn nice...

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but it seems this woman has no idea about how people who shoot for fun need to keep a pretty healthy stockpile of ammunition, the one thing that I remember I hated so much when we were growing up was having to reload mags at the range, I HATED that. I swore when I was able to afford to, I would never reload mags at the range again. So I took 140 30 rd mags and we blasted thru all but 5, and have a blast!

Oh well, sorry to have bored everyone...

INGunGuy

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    She's got dozens of variations of that thing already prepped and filed just waiting for the "perfect storm" to spring them. Not to worry folks, I think she holds stock in cerberus and just does this to increase her dividends. This will go NOWHERE. It may cause more panic buying though.

Top Bottom