• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have been searching in the local stores for a jacket, but can never seem to find the style, size, and color I desire. I have looked online and the prices are all over the place and some charge for shipping, while others charge for handling as well. Do any of you know a good online source to purchase a jacket and a pair of lined pants?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I tried Tractor Supply, but buying in the middle of the season doesn't leave many options.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have been searching in the local stores for a jacket, but can never seem to find the style, size, and color I desire. I have looked online and the prices are all over the place and some charge for shipping, while others charge for handling as well. Do any of you know a good online source to purchase a jacket and a pair of lined pants?

There's a new Carhartt store at the Greenwood Park Mall, next to The Cheesecake Factory.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I found a Carhartt store in Colorado recently, and it was awsome. The best part was, you can see for yourself, just what you're buying, as well as trying it on. Their products are pricey, but all quality. Besides that, they usually have closeouts on overstocked products right there in the store.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    I wore my Carhart coveralls while working outside both days last weekend with the temps in the teens and subzero wind chills on Saturday. Comfortable both days. Lucky, I have "ballast" or I would have been blown away Saturday.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was in the same predicament as you que. I went to rural king and bought a black one. WORST mistake of my life. I have a golden retriever. My black coat is now starting to look golden...

I will never order something like this online. I always pay more to get it where I can try it on. YMMV of course.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was in the same predicament as you que. I went to rural king and bought a black one. WORST mistake of my life. I have a golden retriever. My black coat is now starting to look golden...

I will never order something like this online. I always pay more to get it where I can try it on. YMMV of course.

I did get to try one on, but it wasn't the right style. So, I'm confident that I'm a 2XL, but I guess the style I want doesn't come in blue. I guess I'll go with the gravel.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Take a tip from many years of experience, don't buy it if you can't try it on. Otherwise, you're gonna be sorry, or extremely lucky. With clothing made all over the world, sizes are always set by where the clothes are made, China, Vietnam, etc, etc.... People are all different sizes all over the world, and XL in this country, will be very different in Europe. That's why stuff made in this country will usually fit better and be more consistent in sizes than elsewhere.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Have a Bass Pro or Cabela's close by? They usually have a ton of Carhartt coats to choose from. I picked up a new brown with hood a few years back at my local bass pro. Carhartt rules!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have ordered directly from Carhartt online and also have found the discontinued style my husband likes on the Duluth trading site. Both had good prices when I bought...on sale I believe.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have ordered directly from Carhartt online and also have found the discontinued style my husband likes on the Duluth trading site. Both had good prices when I bought...on sale I believe.

Like I said, you're lucky it fit, and if it doesn't fit, you gotta send it back. I believe in buying locally, and supporting business in my own area.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Like I said, you're lucky it fit, and if it doesn't fit, you gotta send it back. I believe in buying locally, and supporting business in my own area.

He knows what size he wears and since it is a discontinued style, we couldn't find it anywhere locally. I am boycotting TSC so no way am I even thinking of shopping there. Long story, but they lost my business. The other local farm store is a joke. Very dirty, disorganized and never has what we are looking for.

When I can get it delivered to my door for free and the cost is cheaper, I do what I have to do.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Tractor supply is where I always get mine also. They will order the specific size and style I require at no extra charge and then I just go pick it up.

Top Bottom