• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think anyone is REALLY saying to NOT carry as much as you want.

I DO think some folks are saying that those of us that carry a bit LESS should be (statistically) perfectly fine. Might even have a few rounds left.

No reason to frown at revolver-carriers, or single-stack compacts. And no reason to frown at those with extended double-stack mags, with two more on their belt.

Exactly. Different "missions" require different "gear" and EVERYTHING is a trade off. You just have to find your most likely "mission" and tailor your gear so that the pros line up with the goals and the cons are mitigated.

As an example, that horse cop in TX that made the ridiculous 100y+ one handed shot at an active shooter and nailed him with a M&P pistol one handed. Dude, that's a heck of a shot and it'd be a lot easier to do with a scoped gun...but a scope sucks for up close work and we all pretty easily dismiss the idea of carrying a 3x scope on a carry pistol just in case we run into one of these big outliers because the scope will hamper us in the more likely up close scenarios.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Revolvers suck, and 1911's will get you killed.

oh-you-thumb.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Being old and slow I CC a small revolver, counting on accuracy and surprise. Use SA to stay out of trouble as much as possible.

Top Bottom