• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Heard him spouting off all this BS while listening to Howard the other day. I especially like the part where he said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.”

So any group of people other than Jewish he's just going to sit back and watch? That's what I took from that statement. He's such a hypocrite. Just look at all the movies he's produced that made him his millions. He has essentially made his fortune off of glorifying violence. Pulp fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Rambo, Django Unchained, Inglorious Bastards, the Kill Bill films, Grindhouse Death Proof.. Just to name a few. The list goes on, and on, and on..

He also thinks that Roman Polanski should not be have been charged a few years ago for drugging and raping a 13 year old girl, and his biggest justification as to why he should not be charged might you ask? Because he survived the holocaust and his wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered by the Manson family. Oh, and because he's a film director and artists.. Also because the judge supposedly had already made a deal with him to only get probation. These are his only justifications as to why he shouldn't have been charged. That's not true at all according to the record of what actually happened though. He went through a 42 day psychiatric evaluation, and because the psychiatrist, probation, and his victim all recommended no jail time, him and his lawyers where under the impression that he would only receive probation. Once the judge implied to his attorneys that he would receive prison time and deportation he fled the country in order to avoid it! I guess Mr. Weinstein doesn't know that side of the story, or chooses to overlook it because Roman is a fellow Hollywood star. He has openly questioned weather Polanski even committed a crime in the first place. The fact that he pleaded guilty kinda answers that one. I'm sorry, but I don't believe surviving the holocaust, the murder of your wife, the fact it was over 30 years ago, or because your a director/artists gives anybody the right to drug and rape anybody, especially a 13 year old child.

As I'm sure you guys know already, He is a staunch supporter of the Democratic Party as well, and also of the Affordable Care Act/Universal Healthcare. He has expressed a favorable opinion of Gov. Chris Christie, stating that "I love him" and "not all Republicans are all that bad". So I guess he only likes Republicans who are actually Democrats under a different name. I don't have an issue with not liking the Republican party, but I do have an issue that he doesn't even care to hear what they have to say. He chose a stance early on, and nothing is going to sway him from that stance. Not even logic. He produced a Michael Moore film which supposedly (I don't watch his movies so I can't verify) calls out the 1% (Fahrenheit 9/11), yet he IS part of that 1%! He then apparently cheated Michael Moore out of profits made on the movie, prompting Moore to sue him in order to resolve the issue!

If you ask me, it sounds like Harvey Weinstein is an extremely close minded individual with a very warped perception of reality. He has been in the Hollywood movie industry for so long that he can do longer distinguish reality from falsehood. The only reason he even said anything on Howard Stern's radio show is to get publicity for his new movie, and to get us all riled up just like we are right now, that way everybody talks about his new film, and more people will go to see it. Not that he even needed it. Or maybe he knew the film would be a flop unless we all got riled up to the point everybody is talking about it, and people just have to go see it in order to satisfy that curiosity inside them about what he's gonna say to make the NRA "wish they weren't alive". I for one will not be watching it. Either way, it's all a publicity stunt which has gone perfectly according to plan. That's the only reason all celebrities make these big "earth-shattering" statements on Howard's show. If you say it on Howard, the entire countries gonna hear about it, as well as half of the world for that matter.

Howard has a lot of views that I don't agree with as well, especially his stance on politics, gun control, universal background checks, and "assault weapons". He is however a gun owner at least, so he earns a couple points there. I think most of his skewed views on gun ownership and politics come from the fact that he is not properly educated on the facts, and his head is entirely too thick to listen to another point of view on things he does not agree with. That said, I do still love the Howard Stern Show. He is one of the best interviewers out there. He can get almost anyone to tell him just about anything, weather they want to or not in most cases. He also makes me laugh, quite hard at times. Not as much as when Artie Lang was on the show, but I do still listen to the live shows every week when they are on. I do miss Artie being there though.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Make enough money to hire an armed guard force to protect you and yours and then take guns away from the commoners. What a noble thought.

Top Bottom