• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhsieh911018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    went to applied ballistics today in lafayette hoping to shoot my newly purchased AR-15. After I have arrived, I was then told at the desk that I'm not allowed to shoot an AR there anymore because some dumbass shot armor piercing ammo that ****ed up their equipment.

before then they tried several methods like checking the ammo or require shooters to purchase their ammo. but someone still managed to smuggle them in.

so now they stopped people from shooting ARs completely until they can figure out a way to regulate this.

whoever did this, **** you.

the only other place where I can go shoot is Linden conservation club. does anybody have suggestions as of where else I can go shoot my AR? discuss

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I hear ya buddy, as usual, a few knuckleheads ruin it for everybody. What goes through a guys mind when he thinks renting a stall for $10 gives him the right to shoot holes in a several thousand dollar piece of equipment?

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    went to applied ballistics today in lafayette hoping to shoot my newly purchased AR-15. After I have arrived, I was then told at the desk that I'm not allowed to shoot an AR there anymore because some dumbass shot armor piercing ammo that ****ed up their equipment.

before then they tried several methods like checking the ammo or require shooters to purchase their ammo. but someone still managed to smuggle them in.

so now they stopped people from shooting ARs completely until they can figure out a way to regulate this.

whoever did this, **** you.

the only other place where I can go shoot is Linden conservation club. does anybody have suggestions as of where else I can go shoot my AR? discuss

Do you own a car? Take a drive up 43/421 from Lafayette to Jasper-Pulaski. They have an awesome free outdoor shooting range. It's only 60 miles from Lafayette and the drive is quite nice if you do it on a nice day. :ar15:

West Lafayette, IN 47906 to Jasper-Pulaski Fish and Wildlife Area - Google Maps

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I know it's a long drive, But!
    Beech Grove Firearms and Range allows anything up to and including 300 Winchester Magnum.
    They have replaceable cardboard target carriers and chunk rubber backstops.
    The only restricktion is no tracer ammo because of the fire risk.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    That is funny since AB has been renting machine guns for awhile now. Guess some of those are being shelved too.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is funny since AB has been renting machine guns for awhile now. Guess some of those are being shelved too.

The ammo they sold you when you rented a machine gun was not armor piercing. But yes, to my understanding the .223 full auto is out of circulation. I am pretty sure the 9mm subguns are still there for the full auto rock and roll experience.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I certainly don't blame them one bit. That kind of damage could run a range into the ground with costly REPLACEMENT, not repair. As I understand it, those snail traps that indoor ranges use have to be completely smooth inside. Which means no welding scars. It's a shame some just don't learn that most rules are in place for good reason.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    You could come out to my front yard and use my 200 yard range. Yes, it's actually my front yard, right next to the 50 yard trap range. ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I certainly don't blame them one bit. That kind of damage could run a range into the ground with costly REPLACEMENT, not repair. As I understand it, those snail traps that indoor ranges use have to be completely smooth inside. Which means no welding scars. It's a shame some just don't learn that most rules are in place for good reason.
    Just curious... But one could weld to fill the hole and then sand/flatten/smooth the surface back down, no?

Not saying it would be cheap, but would that not work? Just curious is all.

edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    ^^ yeah no kidding, I'm in Lafayette as well. I would enjoy an outdoor place to shoot a little bit.

Btw, I'm a premium member at ABS, and yes this does suck tremendously.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    You could join the Wildcat Rifle and Pistol Club. One of the best ranges in the state.

Great place to shoot, but joining is a bit complicated. That being said, they do have an active and dedicated membership. As I recall it's a 100% NRA membership club, and has a CMP affiliation.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    At fcvcc,south of Anderson---we put up baffels to keep any round from leaving the range----each set of baffels cost the club 10,000(you need to see them)-----first the IDIOTS tried to shoot through the baffels(not an accident-20 shots in one place)---next, the IDIOTS tried to shoot the support post apart by hanging targets on them--it has cost the club thousands***we had to put up a electronic gate,and cameras----now,MOST of the willful destruction has stopped(we still have a few "geniusus"that try to shoot the posts apart,on the target frames)
    I guess some think that for a 55.00 annual membership they get free range to destroy thousands of dollars worth of property.
    I,being a volunteer RSO-------PLEASE,dont let me see you willfully destroying any club property---court cost,and replacement cost can get very expensive.....and keep in mind--if you bring a guest,YOU are responsible for your guest..

tallend

Yes,you must be a member to use the range

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Was at Applied Ballistics this morning. Not busy at all. Asked about high-powered rifles, and they made it sound like it would be a long time until they are ready to allow them again.

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    Was at Applied Ballistics this morning. Not busy at all. Asked about high-powered rifles, and they made it sound like it would be a long time until they are ready to allow them again.

I talked with them as well, they would like for it to be back but still havent been able to figure out a way to make sure that this doesn't happen again

Top Bottom