I can afford to be a bit ****y. :D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It's like a Monty python skit in here :):

It may be appropriate and perfectly relevant for a gun forum, but the filter doesn't like it, therefore it's inappropriate and frowned upon. The filter is wrong, but you the poster are the one frowned upon for circumventing its mistake. :):

Absurd. Totally Absurd.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's like a Monty python skit in here :):

It may be appropriate and perfectly relevant for a gun forum, but the filter doesn't like it, therefore it's inappropriate and frowned upon. The filter is wrong, but you the poster are the one frowned upon for circumventing its mistake. :):

Absurd. Totally Absurd.

*shrug* The INGO members demanded a filter, so we installed one. You can't have it both ways.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    New to this forum and find it interesting that swear words seem to be allowed as they appear in posts and I think that's fine , but in a gun forum you would at least think it would be okay the say **** the hammer when ever I do it gets asterisk. Maybe change the filter so correct terminology can be used.:dunno:

RDB
    1st amendment issues do not matter because I/You/We are not the owners of this site. The only amendment that matters across the board is the 2nd. After that you are on your own.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I assume the cockadoodle doo woke the *****cat? :dunno:

We're not going to de-list every word in the filter just because there may be one or two legitimate but infrequent uses for it.

We reversed our decision on "cock" because:

1) the word does have a couple legitimate meanings that are used frequently on this site ("cock the hammer" and "half cock" being the big ones)

2) the letters form an integral part of many frequently used words - too many to list them all in the exceptions

3) the vulgar meaning of the word was seldom used on INGO in the past

There are other words that are not in the filter strictly because of item #2; some of you may have noticed the issues that arose while we were putting the filter in place. That does NOT mean those words are OK to use; edits will still be made and warnings/infractions will still be issued in those instances; ditto for trying to circumvent the filter through the use of creative spelling/substitute characters/etc.

Last edited:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    ????????

:ranton:if that .01% of INGO members would just follow the :rules: the mods wouldnt have had to put the filter in place.i agree that some words should be aloud but we have to give the mods time to work out all the bugs.just think if the small percent of rule breakers would just follow them and not push the fine line with the mods INGO would not need a filter.we all just need to :cheers: and get along.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    So I can add Cyprus Hill's "Cock the Hammer" to the Doomsday Playlist?

Sweet! To do otherwise would be recockulous!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom