Can't decide. Glock 23 or HK USP 40 Compact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    They are both decent guns. It simply comes down to which you shoot better with and like better. I would try and shoot both before you bought either one and take it from there.

Hghlndr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Kosciusko County
    I actually had a HK USP 40 Compact when they first came out back in the 90's. I got hard up for money and had to let it go. I have forgotten what I liked and didn't. I do remember the checkering was a little rough on the hands. Of course I was younger then so I may have been a little softer.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    both are fantastic firearms, which ever fits your hand and pocketbook the best is the way i would go. I also lean towards the Glock just because of all the magazines and extra stuff for them. They are also cheaper in price. But I own and love HK weapons also. That is why we live in this great country so you can try both and make your own decision. Be SAFE in your job protecting us, thank you for your service. :patriot:

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    Go with the Glock..save money for the H&K....you can always find a Glock buyer when you are ready to move up to the H&K if you feel you want something different...I have both and switch off carrying both...both great guns...

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I see you've chosen the glock but I'll add my comment on why I like my USPc .40 LEM. I like the paddle mag release. I find I personally am much faster in emergency reload and magazine exchange with the paddle. I use my middle finger to activate the release so I never break grip with the thumb to release the mag.

I also like the LEM trigger with the short reset. I carry it every day. Have about 4k+ rounds through it. No scratches.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm beginning to look around for a new carry weapon. I have looked at the HK Usp40 compact and the Glock 23. They are really close to the same size and hold the same amount of ammo. I would like any input that I can get. I have shot a USP 40 compact before and I currently carry a Glock 21 on duty. Thanks in advance.

The H&K will give you the cock-n-lock option:yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    hard to beat the G23 considering the discount you get.

holsters, accessories, parts and armorers are all over the area.

you train with a Glock, you know it's ins and outs

if you're duty gun was an M&P, I'd say the same about and M&Pc

DMarines007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    After carrying a Glock 22 and then a Glock 27, I would highly recommend the Glock 23 since it is the best of both worlds!

DMarines007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Also, if you go with a glock...look into the ported barrels. They are made to handle rapid fire with more accuracy through less 'jump' between shots.

Hghlndr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Kosciusko County
    Also, if you go with a glock...look into the ported barrels. They are made to handle rapid fire with more accuracy through less 'jump' between shots.

Thanks. I have been wondering about the ported ones. I was hoping to order one this month, but it looks like it will have to wait a little longer. I guess I will be able to make sure exactly what I want before I order.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The trigger on my H&K USPc 40 was soooo long and gritty and bad that I sold it and bought a G22.
    The parts (even magazines) for an H&K were nonexistent and if you found parts the were ex pens ive.

My vote is obviously the G23

Top Bottom