• Could you do it?

• Total voters

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I promise you, the liver is probably the safest thing to eat out of the average human. You eat the guy's hairy back and I'll stick to the liver.

Anyway, this conversation has gone from funny to slightly disturbing :)
    How much large game have you cleaned, processed and then eaten? There is a long process between being a cow today and a trimmed tender loin wrapped in cellophane on a styrofoam tray tomorrow. All of it involves blood and fluids. Even then your angus steak comes with an absorbent pad under it. Guess what that is for.................blood and fluids.

Gutting = blood and fluids. Many contagious diseases can be passed by transmission of blood and fluids.

If you are considering another human for consumption, just go up and cut away the prime cuts and move on. If you are only eating those that have already died (from God knows what) or are found dead and rotting, then my suggestion applies even more. Guts and brains rot faster then say, a thigh or a bicep. I would also not crack open bones and suck out the marrow.

If you say you are capable of eating human flesh and resolving that issue in your mind for the rest of your life afterwards, then for Gods sake at least know what practices to use to properly protect yourself while processing your meal. There is no reason to crack open the sternum, avoid it. Yes, you can waste flesh, remember the point is there is already plenty of it laying or walking around to begin with. You can find more tommorow, if you still have an appetite. I also go back to my earlier point, use it as bait.

CWD is lethal to deer. Deer should not eat other deer if they want to avoid it.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This thread is AWESOME !! :thumbsup:

Actually I'm surprised this thread was allowed to live. On most survival forums discussions of cannibalism, looting, and similar behaviors that are illegal under current law are usually verboten topics.

If I'm hungry enough, anything that does not run away fast enough could be food. I fervently hope I am never tested to that degree. Cultural taboo aside, there's very good health reasons for not routinely consuming the flesh of your own species, and if one does have to do it in a "do or die" situation, then it is useful to know what steps can be taken to minimize the risks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually I'm surprised this thread was allowed to live. On most survival forums discussions of cannibalism, looting, and similar behaviors that are illegal under current law are usually verboten topics.

This particular thread was very narrow in focus.... Eating: Yes or No

Nothing in the original poll about the moral/legal/spiritual implications thereof or how the meat was obtained.

I would think that if the question was:
    "Would you hunt your fellow man for food?"
    the poll would look pretty different.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Good point, I edited my post to help maintain the focus.

In a perfect world, your cleaning kit should include nitrile gloves, some hand cleaner, small individual medical alcohol wipes, maybe a bandana to put over your face to avoid liquids getting in your mouth, eye protection, bags for the meat. I am thinking a drop point blade would be nice and small saw like a Pocketboy.

In my case I have all that in my gear anyway.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Does cannibalism by accident count ? Like when a worker falls into the industrial meat grinder ??

It has happened and they won't stop the processing equipment. Some of us have already had some "sweet meat" and don't even know it. Get over it already.

I... doubt this.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I would say more Muslims in this country have unwittingly eaten pork due to cross contamination than humans have eaten humans due to an OSHA violation. Then again I have some stories about ice.

Will Muslims rot in hell for that one above?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Does cannibalism by accident count ? Like when a worker falls into the industrial meat grinder ??

It has happened and they won't stop the processing equipment. Some of us have already had some "sweet meat" and don't even know it. Get over it already.

Were they naked and hairless at the time?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    All of my friends know that if civilization falls stay at least 500 yards from my property. Most of our family is welcome, if we don't go group up with them.

I'm an avid hunter, but if my family is starving I'm going after the biggest, dumbest, easiest source of meat I can. Disarticulate at the hips and leave the rest.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    All of my friends know that if civilization falls stay at least 500 yards from my property. Most of our family is welcome, if we don't go group up with them.

I'm an avid hunter, but if my family is starving I'm going after the biggest, dumbest, easiest source of meat I can. Disarticulate at the hips and leave the rest.

bush_eyescrosseyed_2.jpg

:dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ Not much meat on them bones.

I'll stick with all that savory jowl meat smoked and fried up crispy... ;)

Mmmmmmoore, please. :yesway:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    3 things I need for survival:
    1) Knife
    2) Fire making skills
    3) Fat friend

Can't understand why people won't go camping with me!!

Bob
    you do realize that your fat friend is going to get hungry looong before you do, right? he'll be eating "flatlander stew" while telling everyone bob must've wandered off in the night, like an old dog that knows it's his time.

and for you bob and tom fans, i have one question... more peas?

Top Bottom