• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I love huffing it!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! I've lost enough brain cells to do that!

Actually, I was spraying down my computer and desk watching the dust fill our home when I realized that I go through a lot of that stuff.

Does anyone else go through canned air on their computers like crazy or am I just a neat freak?

Or do you use an air compressor cause you're heavy duty like that?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I use compressed air here at work to clean up my computer. Clears the dust pretty well, except is just re-deposits it somewhere else!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I love huffing it!!!!!

Actually, I was spraying down my computer and desk watching the dust fill our home when I realized that I go through a lot of that stuff.

Does anyone else go through canned air on their computers like crazy or am I just a neat freak?

I got tired of spending the $$$ for that new low-performing formula crap, so I got a small compressor w/a tank!!! :rockwoot:

Similar to this -------> - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I love huffing it!!!!!

I use the vacume at home, wife has a set of mini attachments for her sewing machine, they work great and no more dust flying around.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, I've been using this canned air crap and while it's nice to spray down the kids once in a while with, it just leaves dust all over my desk. It's a PITA to have to spray and then respray while holding on to papers and such at the same time. I'm sure an air compressor would work better, but I like the idea of a vaccum cleaner. No more flying dust.

What would be awesome would be to get a vac attachment with a WIDE opening and use a compressor to blow while the vaccum sucks up the dust. I get a lot of dust in places in my computer that a vac attachment just can't go like the processor heatsink, PSU fan, inbetween my HDD's, video card fan, etc. I think a vaccum and compressed air would be the BEST solution.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well you're not really a neat freak if you go through a ton of it and every time you create a cloud of dead skin cells, now are you?

A little vacuuming goes a long way. Vacuum the floor so the stuff doesn't constantly blow around the room and land in your keyboard.

vacuumcleaner.jpg

Just kidding dude!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The problem with blowing the dust out with canned air is that you're just moving the problem to another surface. It will eventually just migrate back to the computer case anyway. I'm a big proponent of the computer vac.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We used to try and freezer each other's balls with that stuff in College. Probably why none of us have kids, too.

And I thought lighting farts on fire until the fire crept up to our butt crack was bad! NO WAY I'd freeze my sack! :n00b:

Well you're not really a neat freak if you go through a ton of it and every time you create a cloud of dead skin cells, now are you?

A little vacuuming goes a long way. Vacuum the floor so the stuff doesn't constantly blow around the room and land in your keyboard.

Just kidding dude!!!!

:laugh: O we vacuum plenty around here. My mom's the neat freak. The "Opps, sock on the floor! House is a disaster!" kinda neat freak. My mom won't even come near my computer desk. And below is why...

Not usually THIS messy, but close. It might not look it, but it's organized. I know where EVERYTHING is until someone moves it! :p
    :D

YIKES.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The problem with blowing the dust out with canned air is that you're just moving the problem to another surface. It will eventually just migrate back to the computer case anyway. I'm a big proponent of the computer vac.

Very true. But it works until I find a better solution.

What is this Computer Vac you speak of?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    This thread has potential. With all the ingenious minds out there, I'm learning alot about keyboards, waterboards, canned air, and bacon.

Education is a neverending process.:scratch:

Top Bottom