Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RANDOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    I really didn't understand the whole zombie thing before either. I guess I do now??

Last edited:

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    These days, it's a way to euphemize the groups one fears will be a problem, ....

This gets it. We create caricatures that depict our deep-seated fears. Where social order breaks down, hordes amass and they swarm the living. Without claim to life and which nature has made dead, they consume the living. What is a flash mob or its more persistent cousin, OWS? Social order having been broken, they swarm the convenience store, the shopping mall, or Zucotti Park. (Of note: the current Manhattan squatting grounds of the OWS horde was formerly called "Liberty Plaza Park." The irony.)

Of caricatures, an interesting corollary: Clowns. We fear madness, dementia, insanity. What is a clown, but psychosis made cartoon-like?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    not to sound blasphemous here but jesus was the original zombie, who else could rise from the dead and not scare the :poop: out of people?

Is that a sam kinison quote???:D

Sam could be a Zombie but you might keep him around and feed him :dunno: becuase he tended to have attractuve women around him.

Kill Zombie Sam Kinison or No?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Zombies are the new vampires. You should really check out the series "The Walking Dead" on AMC. It is on Sunday nights at 9. The bad thing is, if you start now you would be in the middle of the 2nd season and you really need to see it all from the start, but still worth checking out if you get a chance.:rockwoot:

And remember rule #1 is cardio. ;)
    Netflix has season one on their streaming service. Allowed me to catch up.

Plus AMC tends to rerun their shows a lot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Netflix has season one on their streaming service. Allowed me to catch up.

Plus AMC tends to rerun their shows a lot.

Can someone remind me when the series ends so I can then watch it.
    As with too many hollywood shows now a days they start something but never finish it (ie. cancel the shows without a proper close). :xmad:

Problem with the whole "zombie story" is it's hard to close it out (ie. zombies take over the world = civilization restarts) so how do you shown that in a full arch story timeline unless you "fast forward" like World War Z did to show the aftermath (years/decades) after the inital outbreak.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Is that a sam kinison quote???:D

Sam could be a Zombie but you might keep him around and feed him :dunno: becuase he tended to have attractuve women around him.

Kill Zombie Sam Kinison or No?

yes guilty as charged, i loved sam

Can someone remind me when the series ends so I can then watch it.
    As with too many hollywood shows now a days they start something but never finish it (ie. cancel the shows without a proper close). :xmad:

you dont have to worry about that yet, amc has already renewed it for a third season BUT frank darabond quit half way thru the filming of this season, we are not into the "post frank" episodes yet so im a little hesitant on the rest of season two, i think amc is trying to mess this series up on purpose (i.e. creative differences and budget cuts):dunno:

Problem with the whole "zombie story" is it's hard to close it out (ie. zombies take over the world = civilization restarts) so how do you shown that in a full arch story timeline unless you "fast forward" like World War Z did to show the aftermath (years/decades) after the inital outbreak.

cant wait to see that movie or zombieland 2 for that matter

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Thank Call of Duty "World at War" for the recent zombie craze as it stands. (sure there are even older stuff, but it was the most recent where funny stuff started catching on with it.)

Of course like everything. It was cool a couple of years ago and now all these marketing companies are finally catching on when all the cool kids have moved on to something else. If you have zombie anything as of 2011, you are lame.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Meth faces your right most of them are zombies. the CDC and FEMA reasoning behind it is in preparedness for a WMD attack of some type???

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    You guys are sooooooo behind the times, I've been rocking out to Zombie for years now....

rob-zombie1.jpg

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    My personal Favorite "Shaun of the Dead"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42DM_OcX1Gc[/ame]

"Tell him to get Burt Reynolds."

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    This may have already been said, but if you do any research on where the zombie came from it is really interesting. The actions of a zombie were actually pulled from a cannibal tribe in Africa. This tribe would eat the brains of thier victim and after time it would give them a disease that would virtually turn them into a zombie. Thier bodies would have uncontrollable movements and start to breakdown from the outside in. They werent able to talk but could still walk around and do things. They actually were pretty much brain dead but could still do things. They also became very violent and attacked and preyed on people.

Note: They were already cannibals, so that part they just continued to do. The people who saw them and explained them to the show I was watching said they were like they were dead but preyed on people.

So a zombie attack might not be so much fiction as everyone may think, but to avoid it for sure just dont eat people. Its bad for your health!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This may have already been said, but if you do any research on where the zombie came from it is really interesting. The actions of a zombie were actually pulled from a cannibal tribe in Africa. This tribe would eat the brains of thier victim and after time it would give them a disease that would virtually turn them into a zombie. Thier bodies would have uncontrollable movements and start to breakdown from the outside in. They werent able to talk but could still walk around and do things. They actually were pretty much brain dead but could still do things. They also became very violent and attacked and preyed on people.

Note: They were already cannibals, so that part they just continued to do. The people who saw them and explained them to the show I was watching said they were like they were dead but preyed on people.

So a zombie attack might not be so much fiction as everyone may think, but to avoid it for sure just dont eat people. Its bad for your health!!

In, I think it's New Guinea, that disease is called kiri. It's essentially the same as "mad cow disease", or bovine spongiform encephalopathy. In sheep and such, it's known as "scrapie". By eating the brains of previous victims, or those carrying, it spreads to others. Cows have often been fed with byproducts of cow processing, including brains, which has led to it in modern facilities. Don't eat the brains of the long pork, as delectable as they may be, and you should be fine.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I thought it was interesting that in the CDC piece there was nothing mentioned about having a weapon to protect yourself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom