Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The Zombie Survival Guide.epub

There are several things I dislike about this guide... but for the most part I enjoyed the read.

Example of things I dont like:

Americans have a special relationship with handguns. They seem to appear in every movie, every TV show, every pop novel, every comic book. Our heroes have always carried them, from the Old West lawman to the gritty urban cop. Gangsters rap about them; liberals and conservatives fight over them. Parents shelter children from them and manufacturers make untold fortunes from them.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Honestly, deep down, most people prep for zombies because it is inappropriate in most circles to admit you are reeaaally prepping for TEOTWAKI; massive famine, total societal breakdown, hordes of previously-on-welfare thugs (most zombie like) trying to steal yo' stuffs, etc.

People grin when you tell them about your "zombie rifle", and call the cops when you tell the about your "kill-all-the-mo'fo'-food-stealin-liberal-douchebags-as-the-world-crumbles-about-you rifle".

Doesn't stop ME from describing it as such, but. . .:D

Lemme know the crowd you hangout with so I can be sure to avoid it. I'm not into the Zombie thing myself and I'd never pretend to be so I can tell people about my new rifle or prepping. Most of the people that would judge someone for saying they've got a new "kill-all-the-mo'fo'-food-stealin-liberal-douchebags-as-the-world-crumbles-about-you rifle" have excused themselves from my life before I even had to describe a new rifle as such.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Almost there. I think it is a way for people to dream of killing their fellow man, without feeling guilty about it. And everything you said.

This, the zombie holocaust fantasy is the "shoot a bunch of unarmed people" fantasy, except they're not "real people", not like you and I are, so you don't have to feel bad about it.

Zombie = embodiment of useless eater.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Almost there. I think it is a way for people to dream of killing their fellow man, without feeling guilty about it. And everything you said.

One of the best explanations I've seen in this thread. :yesway:

There is a great national relief organization you should join. The Zombie Squad. It performs disaster relief functions, mostly natural disasters, food
    drives and many other good samaritin activites. www.zombiehunters.org

I'm already a member of a zombie type organization. I even got the T-shirt!
    ZRT_Green_3.jpg

This, the zombie holocaust fantasy is the "shoot a bunch of unarmed people" fantasy, except they're not "real people", not like you and I are, so you don't have to feel bad about it.

Zombie = embodiment of useless eater.

Another one who "get's it"! :yesway::ingo:

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    We were at the recording of NPR's 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!' at Clowes Hall the other night, and host Peter Sagal said that the Zombie trend is a $6 million/year industry right now.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Dude you forgot:
    28 days later
    28 weeks later
    Zombieland
    Resident Evil Series

There are tons of Zombie movies out there. I honestly use it as an excuse with my wife. It's all in good fun and ironically a Zombie Attack Pack is also great in the event a revolution would occur. I mean we all know the odds of a revolution happening before the Zombie Apocalypse is highly unlikely.:rolleyes:

Also, The Walking Dead on AMC. :popcorn::rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, I tried to explain it to my wife that it was basically used as motivation for being prepared. As we were watching the History channel special she then said, "Well apparently there are idiots that believe in them." As the guy explained that you have to shoot them in the head to kill them. She retorts, "How do they know considering there are no such thing as a zombie. BTW, where do the zombies come from and how did they start." I was left without any response at this point...

Adrian's Undead Diary Journal Home

Very good read on Zombie and how it's GOD's/DEVIL's way to test humanity.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    :laugh: Two topics that belong together. God and Zombies... and by that I mean they are both far fetched ideas to scare you into buying someone else's ****.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    :laugh: Two topics that belong together. God and Zombies... and by that I mean they are both far fetched ideas to scare you into buying someone else's ****.

not to sound blasphemous here but jesus was the original zombie, who else could rise from the dead and not scare the :poop: out of people?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom