Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing going on in the shooting world? There are zombie targets, Ka-Bar has a new line of Zombie-Killer knives, Para-Ordnance introduced their new rifle as a zombie killer, and Guns & Ammo magazine recently had an article entitled "Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Zombies". I just don't get it.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The history channel just had a cool special about the history of zombies, worth a watch. The cdc recently issued a zombie preparedness article. CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse - Blog
    The whole point is being prepared for any disaster and zombies are just a way of getting people interested. IMHO zombies are about the last thing we don't have to be P.C. about anymore. You can say anything you want about zombies and their beliefs and I don't think you will offend anyone....well almost. World War Z movie in the works, should be another great zombie flick.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Zombie are scary and we need to be prepared for when they come.
    I dont know what else you need to know.

Oh and shoot the head, you maybe already know that part.
    Head shot = dead zombie.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    EPD1102, I see that I'm not the only one in the dark here. I figured it was because I'm just old!

Now, alien life forms---- that's another story!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, I tried to explain it to my wife that it was basically used as motivation for being prepared. As we were watching the History channel special she then said, "Well apparently there are idiots that believe in them." As the guy explained that you have to shoot them in the head to kill them. She retorts, "How do they know considering there are no such thing as a zombie. BTW, where do the zombies come from and how did they start." I was left without any response at this point...

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just watch the movie "DAWN of the DEAD" & you'll get it

What he said:rockwoot:

Just make sure you see the original (1978) not the recent remake with those horrible "fast" zombies:)

Saw it when I was just 8 years old at the drive-in theater (may explain my weirdness, and 30 plus years of being prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse). I was absolutely amazed. My favorite movie of ALL time. Been a huge George A. Romero fan since. Even went and visited the mall where the movie was filmed in Monroeville, PA near Pittsburg a few years back.

BTW: This is my first post. Been lurking for some time but had to post on this subject.

Other films you may like in this genre:
    Night of the Living Dead (1968 and 1990 remake)
    Day of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead
    Diary of the Dead
    Survival of the Dead

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Honestly, deep down, most people prep for zombies because it is inappropriate in most circles to admit you are reeaaally prepping for TEOTWAKI; massive famine, total societal breakdown, hordes of previously-on-welfare thugs (most zombie like) trying to steal yo' stuffs, etc.

People grin when you tell them about your "zombie rifle", and call the cops when you tell the about your "kill-all-the-mo'fo'-food-stealin-liberal-douchebags-as-the-world-crumbles-about-you rifle".

Doesn't stop ME from describing it as such, but. . .:D

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Honestly, deep down, most people prep for zombies because it is inappropriate in most circles to admit you are reeaaally prepping for TEOTWAKI; massive famine, total societal breakdown, hordes of previously-on-welfare thugs (most zombie like) trying to steal yo' stuffs, etc.

People grin when you tell them about your "zombie rifle", and call the cops when you tell the about your "kill-all-the-mo'fo'-food-stealin-liberal-douchebags-as-the-world-crumbles-about-you rifle".

OMG that is perfect.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    What's not to like about a zombie apocalypse? You don't have to go to work. You don't have to pay your bills. And there are millions of slow moving targets to practice head shots on without fear of prosecution!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Almost there. I think it is a way for people to dream of killing their fellow man, without feeling guilty about it. And everything you said.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    What he said:rockwoot:

Just make sure you see the original (1978) not the recent remake with those horrible "fast" zombies:)

Saw it when I was just 8 years old at the drive-in theater (may explain my weirdness, and 30 plus years of being prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse). I was absolutely amazed. My favorite movie of ALL time. Been a huge George A. Romero fan since. Even went and visited the mall where the movie was filmed in Monroeville, PA near Pittsburg a few years back.

BTW: This is my first post. Been lurking for some time but had to post on this subject.

Other films you may like in this genre:
    Night of the Living Dead (1968 and 1990 remake)
    Day of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead
    Diary of the Dead
    Survival of the Dead

Dude you forgot:
    28 days later
    28 weeks later
    Zombieland
    Resident Evil Series

There are tons of Zombie movies out there. I honestly use it as an excuse with my wife. It's all in good fun and ironically a Zombie Attack Pack is also great in the event a revolution would occur. I mean we all know the odds of a revolution happening before the Zombie Apocalypse is highly unlikely.:rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom