• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    ok i am looking at doing some trading for a stainless kimber classic series one .45.... he says it has a custom kimber grip and novak night sights and a U.S. holster.... it is a very nice looking gun... i think he is trying to tell me its worth more than it really is..... again its a stainless series one kimber classic.....

thanks for any help

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ok i am looking at doing some trading for a stainless kimber classic series one .45.... he says it has a custom kimber grip and novak night sights and a U.S. holster.... it is a very nice looking gun... i think he is trying to tell me its worth more than it really is..... again its a stainless series one kimber classic.....

thanks for any help

It's "worth" exactly what he can get someone to pay for it, no more, and no less.

-Caveat Emptor

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Series 1 gun would have the series 70 trigger (no Schwartz safety).

The Classic Stainless models don't seem to bring as much as some of the other Kimbers. The ones I see usually go for around $700-$750. The Classic Targets with adjustable sights and the triggers with triangles instead of circles seem to go for a little more. If it has a black trigger with triangles it may be worth a little more.

Hard to say definitively without seeing the condition of the gun, and the upgraded sights.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I the first think I would think about do you like it enough to keep it? I would say between 650-750 wold be a fair price.

I agree. You may be able to get a little higher than 8 if you find the rare Kimber Series 1 fanboy. There are a few people out there that loved Kimber until they switched to the Series II.

dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    well he is a pretty good friend of mine that has it, he is wanting to give me the kimber and $700 cash for a yamaha banshee quad that i have built... he is telling me that the kimber is worth $1300-$1500... everyone i ask is saying the $600-$800 range.... hopefully get some more pics of it today (he doesnt get cell signal at his house) and get one posted.... going to go saturday morning to check it out

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    well he is a pretty good friend of mine that has it, he is wanting to give me the kimber and $700 cash for a yamaha banshee quad that i have built... he is telling me that the kimber is worth $1300-$1500... everyone i ask is saying the $600-$800 range.... hopefully get some more pics of it today (he doesnt get cell signal at his house) and get one posted.... going to go saturday morning to check it out

Brother, if he's going to try to 'jack you for $1300-$1500, he's not a friend, and he better have the gun loaded when you arrive...

dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it worth $800.... hell i only got roughly $900 in my banshee, but he swears up and down that clint at acme sporting goods offered him $1000 trade value for it

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt...

I'm not familiar with the value, but going on the informal consensus your "friend" is valuing his gun +/-50% high. What else can you trust about what he says?:dunno:
    Round count?
    Original parts?
    Ever "worked on"?
    Reliability?

I would have your "friend" sell the gun (INGO Classifieds?) and bring you cash.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    You can get a good idea of what the going price, or at least what someone is trying to get for it, by checking similar pieces at Gunbroker.com.

Top Bottom