• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Every time I post a for sale ad, I post my location, which is the Indy area. EVERY time I post an ad, somebody from NWI contacts me wanting to trade, and seems surprised when I tell them it's too far, or didn't realize where I was to begin with. I don't seem to get the same thing from the southerners. What gives?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm thinking it must be n00bs. Those of us who have been around for a while know better. I may ask someone from Indy or further south if they are willing to ship, but they can say no if they don't want to (and they usually do).

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It costs you absolutely nothing to put in your ad what you are willing to do to make a deal. Perhaps putting more detail in your ad will stop annoying responses to your ad. Maybe stop all responses.

I drove 170 miles once for a gun I really wanted.

You never know....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Every time I post a for sale ad, I post my location, which is the Indy area. EVERY time I post an ad, somebody from NWI contacts me wanting to trade, and seems surprised when I tell them it's too far, or didn't realize where I was to begin with. I don't seem to get the same thing from the southerners. What gives?

:dunno: Huh, wut dat sey?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I dunno, maybe us folks in NWI just want to know why you 1) Mounted the optic BACKWARDS on your rifle and 2) why bother with an optic that does no Co-Witness with your sights?

:dunno:

SOLD...This is a Colt A1 upper with a 20" barrel, and a DTI lower. Everything is in great shape, this gun will come with 2 good polymer magazines loaded with brass ammo (60 rounds) a sling, and the carry handle mounted rail, but NOT the red dot. You can see through the rail to use the iron sights, or remove the rail if you'd like. $750. Selling to fund an AR 10, so that would be the only trade I would be interested in. Have other guns to add. Located in Anderson.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Man, mess with the region and be prepared for the counter-attack. I have also drove to Indy twice to pick up a gun I wanted. Distance is no big deal for the right deal.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Also, it's unusual that "Located in Anderson" is the very last line of the ad. Makes me think that it may have been added during an edit after the fact?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Let's do this....have 2 sales on ingo, complain about something that may or may not have bothered you six months ago, then decide to impugn an entire region as illiterate.

You do realize that, being a forum, being able to read and write is pretty much a prerequisite for membership. Of course that probably wouldn't occur to someone lacking the fortitude to call out an individual for asking what you think is a stupid question.

There are high school drop outs, college grads, successful professionals, and everything in between here. We make a pretty good group of contributors who embrace our differences and come together for a shared passion, and have a damn good time doing it.

We hail from one of the major population centers in the state, so expect that there would be a lot of members here, and not everyone will see your 3-word location declaration.

Any other groups, geographical or otherwise, you'd like to insult en masse? May as well get all your gripes out while people are paying attention to you, which was probably the point in the first place. Next, why don't you troll all women gun owners?

I think having that optic pointed at yourself was actually appropriate.

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Snapdragon was nice enough to point out it's actually ONE sale. I'll have to apologize, I was way out of line talking to such an established person in that way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And I also noticed that although you got positive feedback for one sale and one buy, you did not leave any feedback yourself. Do people from Anderson know how to follow classified guidelines, or are they just inconsiderate?

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    There are high school drop outs, college grads, successful professionals, and everything in between here. We make a pretty good group of contributors who embrace our differences and come together for a shared passion, and have a damn good time doing it.

Well said! I'd add that I find this forum to feature mostly intelligent commentary, interspersed with a lot of very entertaining posts. Most of the time that I'm in here, I'm either learning or laughing. This thread has been no exception.

Top Bottom